+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A bit Worried

Blije

May 3, 2019
I applied for my study permit on the 25th of March and yesterday the 2nd of May, I got an email from IRCC concerning my biometric validity.. however, on this forum , I observed that most people did medical upfront which I did not. I’m hoping to get a request from the embassy as regards that because before now I thought you only do the medicals in request. But now I’m worried after seeing people say they included it in their application. Does anyone hv anything to say as regards this?

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Upfront medical is an option. If you did not submit your medicals with your application, then you need to wait for your medicals request from the embassy, unless your application gets refused..

Last edited:
Reactions: Blije

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Upfront meds is unnecessary and can be an extra cost if you get rejected. Only if you are really pressed for time upfront meds might be useful.

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
I applied for my study permit on the 25th of March and yesterday the 2nd of May, I got an email from IRCC concerning my biometric validity.. however, on this forum , I observed that most people did medical upfront which I did not. I’m hoping to get a request from the embassy as regards that because before now I thought you only do the medicals in request. But now I’m worried after seeing people say they included it in their application. Does anyone hv anything to say as regards this?

Am also from Nigeria . Once you get your medical request just know that you have be approve for visa unless if you have a serious medical problem .

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Looking up to visa approve in the next month ending because i know most application do take up to 2months to 3months before you will hear from the IRCC

sanzipetes

Aug 7, 2015
Hi my sister also got the biometrics validityon May 2nd. I was scared to death... she did not submit upfront medical as well. Let us hope, that this is a new protocol by CIC.