Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
File Transfer...
17-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
My wife is sponsoring me for PR.

She received the email a few weeks ago saying that "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing."

Great!

So, then I checked in to the website to look at the status and it says:

Sponsorship Application Status: In Process
inside it just says "We received your application..."
Permanent Residence Application Status: Applicaton Received
inside it says "We received the application for..." and "Medical results have been received"

My question is, why is her sponsorship application saying it's "In Process" if the email she received said that she has already met the requirements for eligibility? Wouldn't it say "Decision Made"?

And my other question is, "Medical results have been received" is under the "Decision Made" section in the diagram explaining the process under my part of the application.

Can you see how this is a little confusing? So, where is the process at, and will this change at all as the months go by giving me a more detailed sense of our timeline, or will it just stay this way all of the way until a decision is made?

Thank you!

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Congratulations, not only on the sponsorship approval, but on learning that e-Cas is barely reliable (quite a number here would say not reliable at all) for updates.

The new e-Cas interface is confusing to say the least, but there should be two sections of an outland app (presuming you're doing this), one is for the sponsor, which should be approved first, then the second which is the applicant(s), which would be a later step, for whomever the sponsor is sponsoring. If you're getting movement on the applicant section then that's generally good news, albeit no guarantee of an impending PPR.

One example: If you look at my timeline, I'm already a PR, e-Cas no longer works when I plug my applicant file number, and when I use my wife's Client ID that shows both her sponsorship and my application (similar to the one you describe), it shows hers as "Decision Made" and mine as "In Process" with "Medical Results Received". Obviously it's not in process, as I've already landed as a PR and have the info for my SIN.

If the applicant's e-mail is valid and provided with the PR application, they should be getting passport request (PPR) through their e-mail when their VO (in your case, Buffalo) requests it. I should emphasize not to heavily rely on e-Cas for timely updates.

jbruce

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
File Transfer...
17-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
thanks for a great response.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, since you're quoting both the "Sponsorship Application Status" and "Permanent Residence Application Status" sections of your e-cas screen, I'm assuming you logged in with the sponsor's Client ID, name, date of birth, and place of birth, since that's the only way to see both parts.

I think the reason that it says "In process" is because you just received the approval letter and there's a bit of a delay with e-cas. I know I know, why does the PR application part say it has been received at the VO if there's a delay (CPCM forwards the PR parts of the application the same day they make their approval)? Well, we may never know, because e-cas, like CIC in general, is a big black box.

In addition to being unreliable, untimely, and unspecific, e-cas is also plagued by bugs from time to time. So you'll see things dissappear, reappear, it's all part of the fun. I would suggest signing up for the e-cas tracker. There's no need to check that thing manually when you can have the tracker notify you it has been updated. Obviously, GCMS notes are the best way to know what is going on with your file, but don't order those just yet because there would not be anything interesting in them. Since CPCM started putting file numbers on the sponsorship approval letters recently, you don't even have to bug Buffalo for that, in case they don't send you an AOR. Wait at least a month to order notes.

And about the medical results received part of your question, I'm not sure I understand because you said there is no "decision made" to either part of the processing. In fact, medical results being received should show up under the "Permanent Residence Application Status" category, upon clicking on that link.
jbruce said:
My wife is sponsoring me for PR.

She received the email a few weeks ago saying that "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing."

Great!

So, then I checked in to the website to look at the status and it says:

Sponsorship Application Status: In Process
inside it just says "We received your application..."
Permanent Residence Application Status: Applicaton Received
inside it says "We received the application for..." and "Medical results have been received"

My question is, why is her sponsorship application saying it's "In Process" if the email she received said that she has already met the requirements for eligibility? Wouldn't it say "Decision Made"?

And my other question is, "Medical results have been received" is under the "Decision Made" section in the diagram explaining the process under my part of the application.

Can you see how this is a little confusing? So, where is the process at, and will this change at all as the months go by giving me a more detailed sense of our timeline, or will it just stay this way all of the way until a decision is made?

Thank you!

jbruce

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
File Transfer...
17-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
Wow, what a truly committed team of people here answering questions with such clarity and effort. Thank you so much.

Just to clarify that last point on the Medical Results...

The actual status says "Permanent Residence Application Status: Applicaton Received

But below my actual status box there are a bunch of links giving you a guide to how to understand the different milestones, to find out what the different definitions mean. It takes you to a chart that gives you a checklist of things that are happening and what steps correlate to what status so that you know what "In Process" means and what "Decision Made" means, for example.

If you look at the chart, "Medical Results have been received" is correlated with the "Decision Made" category, not the "In Process" category, so that's why I was confused, thinking that if it was showing my medical results had been received then perhaps it had already reached that stage, which I thought would be a stretch considering it's only been a month.

Does that clear up my question? I guess your answer would be the same, which is that it's just confusing.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Odd, do you have a screenshot of this? You can black out any names/file numbers.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jbruce said:
Wow, what a truly committed team of people here answering questions with such clarity and effort. Thank you so much.
Lol, well thanks. :) I don't know that it's commitment so much as just having a whole bunch of free time.....thanks to CIC, of course ::)

jbruce said:
Just to clarify that last point on the Medical Results...

The actual status says "Permanent Residence Application Status: Applicaton Received

But below my actual status box there are a bunch of links giving you a guide to how to understand the different milestones, to find out what the different definitions mean. It takes you to a chart that gives you a checklist of things that are happening and what steps correlate to what status so that you know what "In Process" means and what "Decision Made" means, for example.

If you look at the chart, "Medical Results have been received" is correlated with the "Decision Made" category, not the "In Process" category, so that's why I was confused, thinking that if it was showing my medical results had been received then perhaps it had already reached that stage, which I thought would be a stretch considering it's only been a month.

Does that clear up my question? I guess your answer would be the same, which is that it's just confusing.
Ah, the links, okay. Yes, now I see what you're talking about. Agreed, there's no way that a decision can be made (meaning they've finalized your application and are asking for your passport to put in the visa) if they have only "received" your medicals. But if you look at the table in the link for inlanders, you'll see it's under its "correct" category. I'm thinking that chart is out of date and/or inaccurate, because "medical results received" is in fact its own update/status in e-cas, not an "explanation" for some other status. Anyway, the information in e-cas is definetely not worth much anyway.