+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A big fat Quebec issue -- please advise!

ilovecanada90

May 21, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
This is going to be a bit long, so please bear with me :)

A little bit about me: I received my ITA on April 25th and the deadline to submit my documents is July 25th. I am currently in Montreal and I have a full-time job here (last 3 months). However, I got a job offer in Vancouver which I have accepted and plan to move to Vancouver by the 2nd week of August. I am going to quit my current Montreal job by the first week of July. In my EE profile I mentioned BC as the province I am intending to settle in.

My concern is regarding the experience letter from my current employer in Montreal and the time of submitting my application. Although I realize that an experience of 3 months is the same as no Canadian experience (I didn't get any points for my Canadian experience, as expected), I do not want to leave any gaps when it comes to the documents I provide. So I want to provide a complete letter of experience from my current employer.
However, once I quit, it would take at least 1 week in order to get the experience certificate, which in turn means I won't be able to submit my application till the end of 2nd week of July, at the earliest. However, I am planning to travel to India in the 2nd week of July and I want to finish complete uploading all my documents before I go out of Canada. And in any case I don't want to delay the application submission till the 2nd/3rd week of July.

Under these circumstances, I have the following options:

1. Not wait till I have resigned from my current job. Provide my current experience letter (which my manager will easily provide right away) and an affidavit stating that I am going to move to Vancouver by the 2nd week of August, in addition to the proof of my acceptance of the job offer.

2. Complete the application immediately after resigning (first week of July), with the letter of experience that my manager is willing to provide right now as well as the letter of service and notice of resignation that would be provided to me on my last day of work.

Which of the above options do you guys think is the best one? Would be grateful if I could have your valuable feedback. Thanks a ton in advance!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I may, you are over complicating things by submitting a reference letter that has absolute no value to your application.

Mention this only work experience in the post-ITA phase (personal history section) and no proof of employment will be required. Uploading documents that have no effect to your CRS/eligibility is a waste of time.

ilovecanada90

May 21, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi @DelPiero07

Thank you so much for your response.

Yes, I could easily exclude my experience in Montreal thus far and that would simplify things a lot, but I am worried if this is tantamount to misrepresentation. I mean, yes, I am not getting any points for this experience, but that doesn't mean that I am actually not working currently. Hence, if I altogether skip mentioning this fact (in my work experience), wouldn't that be willful suppression of fact/misrepresentation? Please advise!

Thanks!!

ilovecanada90

May 21, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Haha. Ok, I get you now. I think I'll follow your advice and not mention this (in the work experience section) at all then!

Thanks a lot!