+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Afghan refugee in Pakistam

Jan 6, 2020
I am a refugee in pakistan currently enrolled in university completing my BSc in the field Petroleum and Gas Engineering (5th semester) with a CGPA of 3.7. But it will hard for me in future in do a job either in Pakistan or Afghanistan. Can some one guide me about that is there any chances to apply in Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am a refugee in pakistan currently enrolled in university completing my BSc in the field Petroleum and Gas Engineering (5th semester) with a CGPA of 3.7. But it will hard for me in future in do a job either in Pakistan or Afghanistan. Can some one guide me about that is there any chances to apply in Canada
The oil and gas industry in Canada has been going through a very rough period and many thousands of Canadians have been laid off over the past 5 years. Not really the best place to be for an oil and gas engineer.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
As a refugee, you have no chance of being approved for a TRV. If you qualify for economic immigration, you can apply for PR.

If you are registered with UNHCR, they will settle you wherever they can.

Jan 6, 2020
As a refugee, you have no chance of being approved for a TRV. If you qualify for economic immigration, you can apply for PR.

If you are registered with UNHCR, they will settle you wherever they can.
I am a registered refugee with UNHCR.
But, I don't know the process to how apply for refugee in canada. As it's difficult for me to go back to my homeland and we don't have any opportunities in Pakistan to work in field of petroleum and gas engineering. Can you please give me a better suggestion.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am a registered refugee with UNHCR.
But, I don't know the process to how apply for refugee in canada. As it's difficult for me to go back to my homeland and we don't have any opportunities in Pakistan to work in field of petroleum and gas engineering. Can you please give me a better suggestion.
As I already said, you have no other option for Canada. You need to wait for UNHCR to resettle you somewhere.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It would also be hard to work in oil and gas in Canada. The sector is really struggling. Have you looked for jobs in places like KSA?