+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

9th Draw Fingers Crossed - Hopefully we see CRS points below 450pts

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
yelena said:
hmmmm
let me consult with my christall orb.. hmmmm
she says: "we'll just have to wait and see" ;)
So having a crs 360 is also eligible to apply for express entry Or am i wrong.

tszanon

Mar 31, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2015
9145 said:
So having a crs 360 is also eligible to apply for express entry Or am i wrong.
Eligible to apply for EE, yes. But it's impossible to know if it will ever be enough to receive an ITA.
But you also must meet the requirements for FSW, FST, PNP or CEC.

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
tszanon said:
Eligible to apply for EE, yes. But it's impossible to know if it will ever be enough to receive an ITA.
But you also must meet the requirements for FSW, FST, PNP or CEC.
So this is a real pickle. So simply earning the eligibility doesn't mean you will be invited, so what is least score required to be eligible?
And where do you find the official draw date news.
I didn't quite understand what you mean by that one must meet the requirements for FSW, FST, PNP or CEC.

tszanon

Mar 31, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2015
9145 said:
So this is a real pickle. So simply earning the eligibility doesn't mean you will be invited, so what is least score required to be eligible?
And where do you find the official draw date news.
I didn't quite understand what you mean by that one must meet the requirements for FSW, FST, PNP or CEC.
Before Express Entry, anyone who wanted to immigrate to Canada through one of the economic programs should have to qualify for at least one of them: FSW, FST, PNP or CEC. Each one had (and still has) its own requirements.

Since January, CIC created the Express Entry program and ceased direct application to those economic programs. Now, you must apply for EE, wait for an ITA and only then you can apply for FSW, FST, CEC or PNP, according to the requirements met. So, EE is just a gateway for those programs. According to you EE profile, the system automatically tells you which of those 4 programs you can eventually apply for when you get the ITA.

Being eligible means you've met the requirements for at least one of those economic programs. But you still have to wait for the ITA to be able to apply for any of them.

CIC does not release any info about future draws. No one knows when there will be a draw.

All this information is available at CIC's website. I suggest you take some time and read it, there's much more info that every candidate should know.

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Prob no draw now till mid/end June. They'll do a mid year review to touch base on where theyre at, also to give people with higher points a chance to enter EE. That's what it looks like. Obv no way to read of the minds of the canadian gov

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Ok, the thing is they have already taken 8 out of 15 draws, only 7 draws left to go, and long 7 months ahead. What we see now is they are taking their time to analyze info and process people that have already received ita. When they r back in a few months the pool will once again full of high score people and we all start over with 800 over cut off.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Sounds right that. Not sure what else to do now. Just wait year on year for it to maybe drop. I'm on 450...so close to 453 :(

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
In my opinion 800 over cutoff is very uncertain thing this year, as all the agencies are undergoing an overload of applications at the same time to meet with all CIC's requirements (WES,PNP programs,Ielts and LMIA program). If CIC's is expecting candidates with 800+ CRS scores,then the probability of that happening is very low. I believe they would have realized that in all their previous draws. The other issue they might be facing is too many candidates at a certain range of points (If they reduce the cutoff to 450,and there are around 2000 applicants within that range,then they will have a heavy overload). Monitoring all the forums so far I think the points for most applicants are ranging between 400 -450,so dropping the CRS scores anything below 420,will be a big leap for CIC,especially this year.
PNP programs update : BC stopped accepting applications,NL at least 6 months to process an application,AB stopped accepting application
WES program update : Claims 20 days, but actual processing time atleast 45-50days within Canada
Ielts program update : Most of the locations are fully booked atleast for 1-2months, since many applicants are retaking tests to improve their scores

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Dennia said:
In my opinion 800 over cutoff is very uncertain thing this year, as all the agencies are undergoing an overload of applications at the same time to meet with all CIC's requirements (WES,PNP programs,Ielts and LMIA program). If CIC's is expecting candidates with 800+ CRS scores,then the probability of that happening is very low. I believe they would have realized that in all their previous draws. The other issue they might be facing is too many candidates at a certain range of points (If they reduce the cutoff to 450,and there are around 2000 applicants within that range,then they will have a heavy overload). Monitoring all the forums so far I think the points for most applicants are ranging between 400 -450,so dropping the CRS scores anything below 420,will be a big leap for CIC,especially this year.
PNP programs update : BC stopped accepting applications,NL at least 6 months to process an application,AB stopped accepting application
WES program update : Claims 20 days, but actual processing time atleast 45-50days within Canada
Ielts program update : Most of the locations are fully booked atleast for 1-2months, since many applicants are retaking tests to improve their scores
That s not true, I live in AB and ainp still accept applications, moreover, their target 5500 nominations a year that averages over 450 nominations certificates a month but Alberta certificates can not be claimed for ee entry. We have other 9 provinces that are issuing around 450 certificates a months each, and they can be claimed. Not to mention lmia. We can easily start next draw with 800 or higher cut off scores.