+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

9th Draw Fingers Crossed - Hopefully we see CRS points below 450pts

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Ottawa
sumit.singh.hallan said:
How can you say that CIC is getting immigrants with same sets of skills.

Secondly, CIC is bothered about taking quality immigrants irrespective of their NOC, someone whose well qualified and good in English. Capable enough to get a job in Canada even if in a different NOC.

Because there is no obligation that you land and work in same NOC in canada.
What i'm trying to say is that we can expect a point where CIC says "enough" to immigrants of particular field even when they are qualified and with high CRS. For example if CIC wants to give 10000 ITAs by the end of 2015 and lets assume that 4000 of them who received ITAs happen to be Engineers (Just for example) then would CIC continue to issue based on CRS? They have an obligation to meet the canadian labor market demands, so at some point they will stop issuing to people of that particular field even when they have high CRS scores. They will need a mix of talents. If CIC wants two COOKS they will somehow has to pick two COOKS even if they have less CRS scores..you understand what i mean?? NOC codes will definitely come into play..maybe not this year. :p

Dondurand

Oct 12, 2014
TRUENORTH_4M_C2C said:
What i'm trying to say is that we can expect a point where CIC says "enough" to immigrants of particular field even when they are qualified and with high CRS. For example if CIC wants to give 10000 ITAs by the end of 2015 and lets assume that 4000 of them who received ITAs happen to be Engineers (Just for example) then would CIC continue to issue based on CRS? They have an obligation to meet the canadian labor market demands, so at some point they will stop issuing to people of that particular field even when they have high CRS scores. They will need a mix of talents. If CIC wants two COOKS they will somehow has to pick two COOKS even if they have less CRS scores..you understand what i mean?? NOC codes will definitely come into play..maybe not this year. :p
What you're saying makes sense but it will be difficult to implement because of the CRS. I think the reliance will be on companies who are looking for those workers with particular skills to sponsor people who otherwise would not qualify. Secondly, provinces within Canada have access to the express entry pool and they are able to invite candidates to apply for their PNP programs. As I understand provinces DO use NOC codes therefore CIC will never need to compromise their integrity by cherry picking candidates below the minimum score of any given month.

4mallikharjuna

Mar 31, 2015
Dondurand said:
What you're saying makes sense but it will be difficult to implement because of the CRS. I think the reliance will be on companies who are looking for those workers with particular skills to sponsor people who otherwise would not qualify. Secondly, provinces within Canada have access to the express entry pool and they are able to invite candidates to apply for their PNP programs. As I understand provinces DO use NOC codes therefore CIC will never need to compromise their integrity by cherry picking candidates below the minimum score of any given month.
where is difficulty??? Currently Australia PR doing this same

Rao2015

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chemtoronto said:
I have 446 points. Planning to take IELTS again to make my score 449.
It may not be worth for 3 points.. It will be a while before score reaches 450ish again due to new guys entering the pool over past month between the draws...

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
TRUENORTH_4M_C2C said:
The job bank can handle that. Make LMIAs easy to get through the job bank, and if there are too many of a job, don't grant them LMIAs. With enough 600+ scores, they don't have to drop the scores at all.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
pixeldim said:
Hi guys

I am new to this forum. I want to ask a question here. I heard canadian employers do not offer jobs to foreign workers having foreign qualification. Usually everyone have to study for at least 2 years before they can get a decent job in their profession. Or else they have to rely on odd jobs to spend their life. Is that true? Please advise.
Everyone varies. I got a well-paying job here with no formal education, just a lot of work experience. The employer never checked the experience, nor references, nor did he care about my school. I'm in software.

If you want to be a doctor, it's going to be much harder.

There is no one answer to this question.

umers36

Nov 24, 2007
RajiSakura said:
What I Observed is that all the draws are on a Friday except the first Two. And mostly on the last 2 Fridays except april which was 2nd and 3 rd friday. So if that pattern continues next draw will be either on 15th and 22nd of May or 22nd and 29th of May.

Finger crossed My score is 400!! Hope to get an ITA in this draw.
Are you based in Canada or you have education and experience in Canada? I think only candidates with experience and education in canada got ITA.

umers36

Nov 24, 2007
A very important question. If an overseas candidate gets a job offer (which is very rare) and arrives in Canada. Later if both employer and employee are not comfortable with each other, what would happen? Employee (new immigrant) will be free to work for any other employer ?

Are there any implications ?

tszanon

Mar 31, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2015
umers36 said:
A very important question. If an overseas candidate gets a job offer (which is very rare) and arrives in Canada. Later if both employer and employee are not comfortable with each other, what would happen? Employee (new immigrant) will be free to work for any other employer ?

Are there any implications ?
Jobs come and go. The employee is free to work anywhere else.
The EE requisite is a job offer, not a job commitment :D

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
tszanon said:
Jobs come and go. The employee is free to work anywhere else.
The EE requisite is a job offer, not a job commitment :D
While it is hard to get an LMIA I can see employers being abused by people taking jobs, to get LMIA, that they have no intention of filling. I can also see employers abusing the system and making money from people willing to "buy" LMIA's.

tszanon

Mar 31, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2015
Pippin said:
While it is hard to get an LMIA I can see employers being a buses by people taking jobs, to get LMIA, that they have no intention of filling. I can also see employers abusing the system and making money from people willing to "buy" LMIA's.
I haven't thought about this possibility, but I agree it might happen.