9th draw date

chopsumbongw

Aug 31, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

CIC has selected ~1400 candidates with scores above 755 points.
Here is a thought, it seems rather unusual that we would have a spike in candidates with 750+ points.

I am not sure if this information is correct but there are around 5,500 PNP slots spread across the provinces. It could be that one of the provinces released PNP for their selected candidates. If this is true then the candidates with a score of 400 - 450 points should still have a fair chance to be selected.

Assuming there are 4,500 PNP slots still to be given out and considering that have been unable to select even 10,000 candidates thus far.
If CIC is to reach 25,000 ITAs, it would still need 10,000 candidates from the pool. Knowing that in draw 8 they were unable to even nominate 800 candidates it makes sense to believe that eventually CIC will have to go below 453 and closer to 400 to get the required number of candidates.

Just my 2 cents.

MG84

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Hi chopsumbongw,

Can you pls share the source for the 9th Draw.

Thanks a lot in advance !

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
MG84 said:
Hi chopsumbongw,

Can you pls share the source for the 9th Draw.

Thanks a lot in advance !
Looks like this is your first post. Welcome to this great forum and here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-pr-express#mi-pr-express

marcus66504

May 23, 2015
erable_rouge said:
the immigration process has been highjacked by many rogue consultants. Most LMIAs are given in the food service category, where employers somehow dearth of labour and appoint people as 'food service supervisors' or even managers. Many of such 'supervisors' and 'managers' cannot speak even basic English and obviously possess dubious academic credentials. A CRS of 155+600 explains everything.
You have no statistical evidence for this claim, because the Government has not released any data about the occupation distribution of successful LMIA candidates. This is just what you want to believe because it suits your ego.

It's highly unlikely that Employment and Social Development Canada would approve LMIA's for a lot of candidates in the food service sector because their wages are way too low (close to minimum wage). ESDC has outlined in their official website what factors they look for when deciding an LMIA application: prevailing wages for the occupation, local unemployment rate in the area, whether the employer has sponsored other candidates for LMIA in the past, etc. There are lots of considerations that go into a decision to issue an LMIA, and if the latest statistic is correct, more than 50% of LMIA applications get rejected.

Furthermore, many employers who call ESDC about a particular employee they'd like to file an LMIA for, get told outright that it's unlikely they'd issue an LMIA for a candidate in those particular circumstances.

That was a little crash course in LMIA for you and those who don't understand the process and belittle LMIA holders.

If there is any bit of truth in what you said, it's the fact that too many lawyers/consultants are willing to generously file LMIA applications. But then that's what lawyers do: file paperwork and more paperwork and see where the chips fall. It's their version of playing the lottery.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_statistics/quarterly-top-occs.shtml

Quarterly Stat for LMO
8431 General Farm Workers 6,375 1
6641 Food Counter Attendants, Kitchen Helpers and Related Occupations 3,475 2
6474 Babysitters, Nannies and Parents' Helpers 3,005 3
8611 Harvesting Labourers 1,805 4
6242 Cooks 1,420 5

Hey!!! @marcus66504 you are back! haven't seen you for a while

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_statistics/quarterly-top-occs.shtml

Quarterly Stat for LMO
8431 General Farm Workers 6,375 1
6641 Food Counter Attendants, Kitchen Helpers and Related Occupations 3,475 2
6474 Babysitters, Nannies and Parents' Helpers 3,005 3
8611 Harvesting Labourers 1,805 4
6242 Cooks 1,420 5

Hey!!! @ marcus66504 you are back! haven't seen you for a while
Thank you very much for the stats & source. Of note is that the majority quoted are NOCs which do not qualify for EE. ;).

marcus66504

May 23, 2015
These are LMO statistics, not LMIA.

They stopped issuing LMO's quite some time ago so your "statistics" are not only old, but also NOT exactly on point here.

The LMO was a pointless process altogether since it had no advertising requirement, making it essentially just a formality to get. That's why it was replaced with LMIA.

Sorry but unless you're closer to Government information than I am, to-date there has been no LMIA statistics released, which show the breakdown of approvals by NOC.

abhii

Apr 30, 2015
CIC should reevaluate their points system. I am having 12 years of experience and because of my age i have reached upto total of 318 points. whereas one of my colleague, he is having 4 years of experience but as he is below 30 years of age, he is having 348 points though he is having less educational qualification and less IELTS band than me.

Is this a fair calculation CIC is doing?

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhii said:
CIC should reevaluate their points system. I am having 12 years of experience and because of my age i have reached upto total of 318 points. whereas one of my colleague, he is having 4 years of experience but as he is below 30 years of age, he is having 348 points though he is having less educational qualification and less IELTS band than me.

PROBABLY THEY NEED YOUNG PEOPLE IN 30s :d

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhii said:

I share your frustration over age points structure. Just turned 35 and lost 8 points.

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Yes, we may have another draw on 29th as well considering the fact that there were 2 draws every month in the past. But i doubt if the scores would drop below 500 at the moment. It may take 2 or 3 draws before that. Sad or if the number of invitations in the next draw stays above 1300+ again we may see the scores drop, but otherwise highly unlikely.

If there is another draw this Friday points will have to be below 500. Most of the LMIA/PNP people would have been pulled last draw, not likely that many new 700+ candidates would have entered the EE pool within a week. If however a draw does not happen this week and we instead see another gap of several weeks then it's likely the points on next draw will remain high. So here's hoping we see something Friday!

MysterySabine

Feb 24, 2015
marcus66504 said:
The LMO was a pointless process altogether since it had no advertising requirement, making it essentially just a formality to get. That's why it was replaced with LMIA.
An employer applied for an LMO for me in Jan 2014, which was rejected because the position hadn't been advertised.