+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

90 days window for reapplying visitor record?

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
Hi, when a visitor record expires, does the person have a 90 day window to reapply? note that this is for a Visitor RECORD and not a Visitor VISA. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, when a visitor record expires, does the person have a 90 day window to reapply? note that this is for a Visitor RECORD and not a Visitor VISA. Thanks.
You have 90 days to apply to restore your status. Don't wait for your visitor record to expire. Apply to extend your record before the expiry date so that you don't fall out of status in Canada and have to apply for restoration.

Reactions: YVR123

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
You have 90 days to apply to restore your status. Don't wait for your visitor record to expire. Apply to extend your record before the expiry date so that you don't fall out of status in Canada and have to apply for restoration.
Thanks for the reply. To get a better idea, the person has their original visa expired and have been staying in Canada with a visitor record (the latest one soon to be expired). So, based on these, does the 90 days window still apply if and when they are willing to extend the visitor record?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the reply. To get a better idea, the person has their original visa expired and have been staying in Canada with a visitor record (the latest one soon to be expired). So, based on these, does the 90 days window still apply if and when they are willing to extend the visitor record?
The 90 day window is for applying to restore your status once you have lost your status in Canada and are no longer in Canada legally. It doesn't matter what kind of status you held previously. The 90 day restoration window applies. Make sure you apply to extend your visitor record AND also apply to restore your status. If you only apply to extend your visitor record, you will be refused. You have to put yourself back in status.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that you said the latest visitor record I assume that you have extended at least once but maybe more than once. What is your relationship to the visitor? At a certain point extensions are no longer granted.

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
Given that you said the latest visitor record I assume that you have extended at least once but maybe more than once. What is your relationship to the visitor? At a certain point extensions are no longer granted.
I'm wondering, does the relationship matter? if yes, how? does it affect the visitor record being granted?

liverpoolusa

Dec 9, 2018
Hi @canuck78, I am in a similar boat.
I am a PR, my toddler came in as a visitor, has her visitor visa extended for one year ( visitor record )
My toddler's PR is in passport request stage and no response yet.

Can we extend her visitor record again until we get PR ? Visitor record letter says that we should leave by April 2022.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi @canuck78, I am in a similar boat.
I am a PR, my toddler came in as a visitor, has her visitor visa extended for one year ( visitor record )
My toddler's PR is in passport request stage and no response yet.

Can we extend her visitor record again until we get PR ? Visitor record letter says that we should leave by April 2022.
1, Yes.

Joniel

Feb 12, 2024
Hey I’m currently a visitor in Canada and I married to a non resident as well who is a visitor but right now his status has expired also the 90 days of restoration. Is there anything can be done inside Canada? We have a child on the day and I’m freaking out

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey I’m currently a visitor in Canada and I married to a non resident as well who is a visitor but right now his status has expired also the 90 days of restoration. Is there anything can be done inside Canada? We have a child on the day and I’m freaking out
A non-resident of where? If a non-resident of Canada then they can’t be a visitor. How long have you been visiting Canada? How long has your partner been in Canada as a visitor? If you are visitor you can just return home. There is a very good chance that a couple of visitors will not have their visitor status extended in Canada unless there is a very good reason (birth tourism is not a good reason) and will need to provide proof that they couple has a large amount of savings, medical insurance, etc. so they have enough funds not to work, keep visiting and pay for any emergencies that may occur. Eventually a couple visiting will get denied the ability to keep visiting. What was his reason for needing to remain in Canada and have his status restored? How much savings have you shown? Overstaying a visa has longterm repurcussions for both visiting and getting temporary permits (work and study permits) in Canada, in any country that shares information with Canada and for countries reviewing previous immigration history who will be able to see any overstays.

Reactions: Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are you saying that your spouse is beyond the 90 days to apply for restoration?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
so both of you are visitors and your husband has overstayed beyond the ability to restore his status.
WHY are you staying in Canada? You should return to your home country and give birth to your baby there.
DO you have money to pay for the cost of child birth out of pocket? It's going to be very expensive. And having a baby here DO NOT give you or your hushand any special status.