+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

90 day requests for documents (including PPR)

stevedominic

Star Member
Mar 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
08-09-2010
Hi all,

I wrote the below in the thread, but I thought I could get more answers if I posted separately in its own thread.

The office in question is the one in Guatemala City, however, I believe many of the questions are quite general. Albeit, Guatemala tends to ask for the passports early in the process, and holds them for many months. Its only been a couple months into the average of 10 months application time frame (for 50% of applicants)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-applications-sent-july-2010-t46471.690.html

My wife received her PPR today (with requests for original Birth Cert, and Marriage Cert) to supply within 90 days,.

The handwritten date is Sept 9th(!!!) for the requests - by my calculation- the 90th day is Dec 6th.

My questions:

1. We are arriving back on our honeymoon on Dec 5th! I'm not sure "within 90 days" included Dec 6th or not - is there a way to be sure?

2. Is there any benefit of sending the Birth and Marriage Cert before hand, and then the passport on Dec 6th? Or should we wait until we can send all things?

3. The Birth and Marriage Cert are in spanish. It doesnt say - but do we need a notarized translation? I know we sent an original Birth cert in the original app.. weird....

4. Can she go to the embassy to clarify things, or is by fax the only means?

5. More general: How are the applications actually processed- all things being equal - will every day we wait to send in the requested material delay it an extra day? Or will they do a sweep at like 30,60,90 days to see if the requested material is in, or just at 90 days?

6. If for some reason we are late by a day, what does "delay" mean? Bottom of the pile/start all over??

It really sucks that we cant actually send the passport in if in reality it is delaying our application!!!

Thanks for your help all.

B

boyee6576

I cant answer all your questions but I can answer a couple of them

We kind of ran into a problem with our application. We were asked to submit a new pcc and other documents. So they gave us 60 days from the date on the letter and because of mailing, two weeks were allready gone. Well my husband went to get the pcc and they said it would take two months to get. We didnt have two months left. So I contacted Delhi to ask if we could send in the other documents and the pcc when we got it. We were very worried that our case would be canceled if we didnt send it in on time. So I emailed them and explained and asked if we could send in everything, and the pcc when we got it. They said no.. send it all together and wait for your PCC. So they wil give you extra time if need be. SO the best thing to do is contact them. They wont cancel your application if your a day late but dont let it get late before you contact them. You can fax them or call if they accept calls. I emailed and put urgent in the subject line.

The other thing. they give you time to send things in, 30 days, 45 days 60days etc. They usually (from my understanding) check every week or couple of weeks to see if the documents has arrived.
I dont know about having your marriage certificate notarized. We got married in Delhi India and the certificate is in english but witness are in Hindi and we didnt have them translated to english. We have court stamps on our marriage certificate from being registered.
I hope this helps a little

stevedominic

Star Member
Mar 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
08-09-2010
boyee6576- yes, very helpful thank you.

I hope that the Guate office is the same about being lenient on a couple of days!

Unfortunately, they do not take calls, but we tried to fax them the other day - hope they are at least timely with that answer.

Cheers

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stevedominic said:
Hi all,

I wrote the below in the thread, but I thought I could get more answers if I posted separately in its own thread.

The office in question is the one in Guatemala City, however, I believe many of the questions are quite general. Albeit, Guatemala tends to ask for the passports early in the process, and holds them for many months. Its only been a couple months into the average of 10 months application time frame (for 50% of applicants)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-applications-sent-july-2010-t46471.690.html

My wife received her PPR today (with requests for original Birth Cert, and Marriage Cert) to supply within 90 days,.

The handwritten date is Sept 9th(!!!) for the requests - by my calculation- the 90th day is Dec 6th.

My questions:

1. We are arriving back on our honeymoon on Dec 5th! I'm not sure "within 90 days" included Dec 6th or not - is there a way to be sure?

2. Is there any benefit of sending the Birth and Marriage Cert before hand, and then the passport on Dec 6th? Or should we wait until we can send all things?

3. The Birth and Marriage Cert are in spanish. It doesnt say - but do we need a notarized translation? I know we sent an original Birth cert in the original app.. weird....

4. Can she go to the embassy to clarify things, or is by fax the only means?

5. More general: How are the applications actually processed- all things being equal - will every day we wait to send in the requested material delay it an extra day? Or will they do a sweep at like 30,60,90 days to see if the requested material is in, or just at 90 days?

6. If for some reason we are late by a day, what does "delay" mean? Bottom of the pile/start all over??

It really sucks that we cant actually send the passport in if in reality it is delaying our application!!!

Thanks for your help all.
1. Is there anyway she can take everything NOW so that the visa counter foil is stamped well before your honeymoon begins/ends?
2. Best to send everything together.
3. All documents that have been requested by the embassy should be translated into English or French. It's better to use a certified translator but may not be necessary. Check the Region Specific Guide for that embassy.
4. Fax or case specific enquiry
5. Usually they BF the file until the date specified in the letter - 90 days from Sept 9th in your case - to see if the requested documents have arrived. They bring forward the file if the request is met before that date so they can complete processing.
6. Without requesting more time AND receiving permission for same, there is no such thing as a delay. It's either compliance or no compliance. It "could" result in a refusal and having to start all over again.

Keep faxing them if you cannot provide everything right away. You need an answer and/or permission for extra time or you run the risk of being refused because you didn't meet their requirements. Unfortunately, they don't have to care about your honeymoon plans. Good luck.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
remember not all the visa offices are the same, maybe they wont see your fax .u can delay ur honeymoon but the visa office wont be delayed tey may end councelling the whole thing .um not scaring you but i have seen cases like that.

stevedominic

Star Member
Mar 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
08-09-2010
rjessome said:
1. Is there anyway she can take everything NOW so that the visa counter foil is stamped well before your honeymoon begins/ends?
2. Best to send everything together.
3. All documents that have been requested by the embassy should be translated into English or French. It's better to use a certified translator but may not be necessary. Check the Region Specific Guide for that embassy.
4. Fax or case specific enquiry
5. Usually they BF the file until the date specified in the letter - 90 days from Sept 9th in your case - to see if the requested documents have arrived. They bring forward the file if the request is met before that date so they can complete processing.
6. Without requesting more time AND receiving permission for same, there is no such thing as a delay. It's either compliance or no compliance. It "could" result in a refusal and having to start all over again.

Keep faxing them if you cannot provide everything right away. You need an answer and/or permission for extra time or you run the risk of being refused because you didn't meet their requirements. Unfortunately, they don't have to care about your honeymoon plans. Good luck.
Thanks for this.

I could send it, but the chance of getting the visa I'd guess is 1% being that 30% are 7 months, 50% are 10months (we are only into it a couple of months) and that they seem to have a history of holding the passport for more than half the time.

I think the lesson here is to ask permission - which we will definitely do. While we are willing to delay the app. 1-2 months in order to take the honeymoon- we will not be willing to start over.

Can you explain your point #5? What is "BF"? And are you saying that they tend to check once to see if everything is there (at the end of the permission period-in my case at day 90?

Thanks again.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stevedominic said:
Thanks for this.

I could send it, but the chance of getting the visa I'd guess is 1% being that 30% are 7 months, 50% are 10months (we are only into it a couple of months) and that they seem to have a history of holding the passport for more than half the time.

I think the lesson here is to ask permission - which we will definitely do. While we are willing to delay the app. 1-2 months in order to take the honeymoon- we will not be willing to start over.

Can you explain your point #5? What is "BF"? And are you saying that they tend to check once to see if everything is there (at the end of the permission period-in my case at day 90?

Thanks again.
Hi

BF means "bring forward". It's a date they assign to look at the file again to see if what they have requested has been submitted. If they receive something before the BF date, it is noted on the file and may change the BF date.

I have no experience with that particular visa office so I can't offer you more info about their procedures. You might want to offer them the alternative of sending a certified true copy of the complete passport (every page) with the original being delivered upon completion of the trip. Just DON'T let their request go unanswered by assuming anything. Another thing to keep in mind if you are faxing them is that they will not respond to YOU if there is no Use of Representative on file indicating that you have permission to have access to this file. They should respond to your wife so make sure all correspondence you send them comes from her and contains current and accurate contact information for her.

stevedominic

Star Member
Mar 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
08-09-2010
rjessome said:
Hi

BF means "bring forward". It's a date they assign to look at the file again to see if what they have requested has been submitted. If they receive something before the BF date, it is noted on the file and may change the BF date.

I have no experience with that particular visa office so I can't offer you more info about their procedures. You might want to offer them the alternative of sending a certified true copy of the complete passport (every page) with the original being delivered upon completion of the trip. Just DON'T let their request go unanswered by assuming anything. Another thing to keep in mind if you are faxing them is that they will not respond to YOU if there is no Use of Representative on file indicating that you have permission to have access to this file. They should respond to your wife so make sure all correspondence you send them comes from her and contains current and accurate contact information for her.
Thanks again, very helpful. Yes, definitely asked them to respond back to her. I just hope they respond in the next week or two- if not, perhaps I'll have her go in person one morning just to ask permission (or confirm Dec 6th is day 90- thus will be OK).

Cheers,

stevedominic

Star Member
Mar 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
08-09-2010
Sorry to rehash this. We faxed in our questions, but no response - so we emailed them letting them know we faxed and pasted the fax message on the email. Today we got a simple response that doesnt answer anything we asked.

It obviously pertains to us, but does not go in any detail.

Any advice on how to contact them?

Can she go in to talk to them about this do you know?

Many thanks.

Thank you for your electronic message.

Our system shows that the following documents are still pending:

-Your original passport
-Your original birth certificate and marriage certificate issued by civil Registry

Sincerely yours,
IMMIGRATION SECTION GUATEMALA

Osiris

Sep 12, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2010.
IELTS Request
ROPRF requested to pay Sep 7 2010.
File Transfer...
Letter RPRF Payment processed.
Med's Done....
April 15 2010
Interview........
November 22th, 2010 Approved
Passport Req..
Sep 12 2010
VISA ISSUED...
January 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
January 19th,2011 happy happy happy
we have the same situation the VO asked for Passport and birth Cert. Also Curriculum Vitae.
and here in Canada I received a letter from Mississauga asking to pay ROPR fee withing the next 30 days, at the same tome when My partner sent his passport and more documts.

On Oct 20 I receive a letter of AOR the payment and that the information it was sent it to VO in guatemala.
is a good any signal? We dont know everybody says Guatemnala VO is very slow... :- ::)

stevedominic

Star Member
Mar 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
08-09-2010
Hi,

Sorry, unless I'm missing something - I'm not sure how this is related?