+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

9 years of PPR Journey!!!!!!

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Hi Guys, i want to share my PPR journey (9 Years) to the people who lost hopes during this journey.

I got 4 Work Permit refusal, 1 visitor refusal, 1 Hearing with CIC office and finally got back to India in 2015. You couldn't afford much worsen than this but i did and gather all the courage to start from the scratch after spending 5 years in Canada.
I leave behind all my establishment when i left Canada But i din't lost my hope. I prepared my self for more worst and begin again in 2018 from the scratch. Appeared for IELTS 3 times and finally i got enough for OINP.

Below are the brief history of my Incredible Immigration Journey!

DEC 2010: Arrived Canada on Study permit.
August 2015: Inland Work permit refusal.
September 2015--> US-Canada Boarder LMIA WP refusal --> Over the CBSA counter, came to know i had schedule for hearing at CIC office in Edmonton.
September 2015--> Hearing came out clear but need to go India as i left the country.
September 2015 : got back to India.
Dec 2015 : Visitor refusal (Applied when i was in Canada for Visitor Record)
Dec 2015 : Applied LMIA based WP--> Refusal Outland App

May 2016 : Another LMIA Based refusal. Outland App

Then Decide not to give up and started again from ground ZERO in 2018.

January 2018--> got enough band for OINP but not enough for EE draws so waiting eagerly for OINP HCP category for NOI.

Feb 2018: Made my profile for EE
March 2018 : Got NOI from Ontario. Submit my Application in April 2018
July 2018 : Got Nominated from Ontario

August 2018: Launch/Submit my EE application
After the submission, there was no communication for Six month after medical had passed. I almost gave up after coming this long, but something inside me keep pushing me to stay alive.

6th Jan 2019 : Applied first set of my notes and was so stressful after seeing this as no one looked my file till January. No agent looked my file nor primary notes has been generated.
Almost losing hope to get any results in few months as nothing had started but then applied my second note on 19th Feb 2019.

20 Feb 2019: BG just had started in my surprise but not have much expectation as there wasn't anything started till Jan 2019. So i thought how would they guys finish my application in one month?
i was expecting an interview or something review required as had bunch of refusal but got nothing. NO ADR, NO INTERVIEW, NO REVIEW REQUIRED.

25th Feb 2019 : Viola!!!! Received PPR from Delhi Office.

7th March 2019 : Passport stamped and CoPR received!

PS: The moment you're ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens. So Don't give UP!

Few things I've learnt during the process:
1. A delay may not necessarily have a negative cause.
2. Ordering multiple notes if you live outside Canada can add up to a huge bill - it is especially disappointing when notes have no new information.
3. Waiting is the hardest part. The uncertainty of it all, the inability to make other life changing decisions, the stress - its enough to drive any sane person crazy.
4. Try not to punch people when they say things like "don't worry" or "you'll forget this wait once you get it" - the truth is that it is really really hard to wait and I can't forget the years I spent waiting. Not yet anyway.
5. It might have become a cliche now, but try and try hard to get involved in the world around you. Take up a hobby and invest your time and energy in that. Keep away from the forum when you are at your lowest - reading about miracle stories and people that got their PR within a few days will do nothing to lift your spirits.
6. The night is always the darkest before sunrise. If you feel like you have no strength to carry on, just remember that things happen in their own time and there is nothing you can do to rush it.
7. Don't let it get to you when people mock you. Its tough, but you will get through eventually. Let your success make the noise.
8. Saved the best for the end - Network! Can't stress this enough. When the going got really tough, it was the friends I made through this forum that got me through. Some of these people I haven't met yet, but they stood by me when I was at my lowest. You know who you are. Thank you.

I wish you all the best and hope that the wait isn't as long for you.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Congratulations!! Such a beautiful story!!

Never give up hope is definitely true when it comes to waiting for PR!! It is a huge test indeed!!

Glad you made it through!! Wish you all the best

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Congratulations!! Such a beautiful story!!

Never give up hope is definitely true when it comes to waiting for PR!! It is a huge test indeed!!

Glad you made it through!! Wish you all the best
Thanks mate! yes, indeed it is the life changing test!

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
Congratulations! You took time to write your story to give people some hope. Thank you so much for that!!

A much needed ray of hope I was looking for since a while now.
Even I have 2 refusals from past (one as a dependant in PR family case 2012 and other one was student visa in 2015) and I'm worried that these would not have any negative effect on my profile. But seeing your story I'm feeling a little light and hope for great news soon.

Good luck for your future! :)

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Congratulations! You took time to write your story to give people some hope. Thank you so much for that!!

Even I have 2 refusals from past (one as a dependant in PR family case 2012 and other one was student visa in 2015) and I'm worried that these would not have any negative effect on my profile. But seeing your story I'm feeling a little light and hope for great news soon.

You are good to go as long as you mentioned your refusal and not hiding any information in application.
i saw, you just moved to IP2 so PPR is around the corner... stay positive!

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
You are good to go as long as you mentioned your refusal and not hiding any information in application.
i saw, you just moved to IP2 so PPR is around the corner... stay positive!
Yes I did mention about both of my refusals in my application. Thank you so much :)

Chee

Nov 2, 2018

Have you got your PPR yet