+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

8th draw done - 453 points

Nandhini

Apr 26, 2015
Hi

My score is 348. Yet to create EE profile. My consultant suggested me to go for PNP as well, which means scores will not go as low as 348 to get ITA.

Thanks
Nandhini

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ben apolo said:
Just waste of money. No need since my score is more enough to qualify.
My friend a meatcutter got only 686 and here in my area got their ITA just 700 points mostly in fastfood and restaurant.
Do you mind if i ask, Which are you talking about?

Raskin

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some seniors in this forum have better knowledge than most of these Consultants.
As someone had said earlier, no one..not even CIC knows at this point how low the
points will reach by the year end. For all the naysayers, you were surprised when the
scores came below 800- 489 within 3months and you will be surprised again.
The points will go below 400 pretty soon ;D ;D ;D.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Raskin said:
Some seniors in this forum have better knowledge than most of these Consultants.
As someone had said earlier, no one..not even CIC knows at this point how low the
points will reach by the year end. For all the naysayers, you were surprised when the
scores came below 800- 489 within 3months and you will be surprised again.
The points will go below 400 pretty soon ;D ;D ;D.
1. If there are future point drops, they will be in smaller increments, think of EE as a pyramid, the top is 1200 points and as you descend the pyramid it gets wider, so there are more applicants at each lower point level the further you drop.

ahmeddeeb

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

1. If there are future point drops, they will be in smaller increments, think of EE as a pyramid, the top is 1200 points and as you descend the pyramid it gets wider, so there are more applicants at each lower point level the further you drop.
From a broader view , what if the current top 10,000 applicants are Computer engineers , or maybe Chefs, this will create unbalance in the market in Canada , so i believe they will be selective in the near rounds , something similar to the cap size in the old system. Since the number of applicants under 453 are huge , so they won't take the highest as they used to do in the past rounds.

This is only my opinion.

rubyracer

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nandhini said:
Hi

My score is 348. Yet to create EE profile. My consultant suggested me to go for PNP as well, which means scores will not go as low as 348 to get ITA.

Thanks
Nandhini
I doubt it will go beyond 380 this year, at least going by the current trends

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
ahmeddeeb said:
From a broader view , what if the current top 10,000 applicants are Computer engineers , or maybe Chefs, this will create unbalance in the market in Canada , so i believe they will be selective in the near rounds , something similar to the cap size in the old system. Since the number of applicants under 453 are huge , so they won't take the highest as they used to do in the past rounds.

This is only my opinion.
No, the whole point of moving to EE is to get rid of occupation-specific selection process, and leave this to the job market itself. Thus the overweight of points on LMIA, which is employer-sponsored. If the job market of Canada requires 10000 chef this year, CIC will admit 10000 chefs.

The problem is job market can change dramatically and rapidly. (Look at oil / drilling industry, goes from labour-hunger to massive layoffs in less than 6 months) If CIC admits 10000 chefs this year due to extreme high demand, then next year the demand plummets, all of a sudden there is a oversupply of chefs in the market, and causes work reduction and layoffs.

ahmeddeeb

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
mf4361 said:
No, the whole point of moving to EE is to get rid of occupation-specific selection process, and leave this to the job market itself. Thus the overweight of points on LMIA, which is employer-sponsored. If the job market of Canada requires 10000 chef this year, CIC will admit 10000 chefs.

The problem is job market can change dramatically and rapidly. (Look at oil / drilling industry, goes from labour-hunger to massive layoffs in less than 6 months) If CIC admits 10000 chefs this year due to extreme high demand, then next year the demand plummets, all of a sudden there is a oversupply of chefs in the market, and causes work reduction and layoffs.
No you didn't get my point, LMIA is not our case here , most of LMIA were selected in the first 2 rounds , and any one applied with LMIA points will be selected, now what if the there's 10000 doctors applied their score is between 445 to 453 , so that amount of doctors will enter the country, and that doesn't serve the country economy.

Either they will utilize the jobbank in more effective way to give points to the needed occupations, or select specific NOCs.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
ahmeddeeb said:
No you didn't get my point, LMIA is not our case here , most of LMIA were selected in the first 2 rounds , and any one applied with LMIA points will be selected, now what if the there's 10000 doctors applied their score is between 445 to 453 , so that amount of doctors will enter the country, and that doesn't serve the country economy.

Either they will utilize the jobbank in more effective way to give points to the needed occupations, or select specific NOCs.
There are always new LMIA issue or PNP nominated, and people who has LMIA wasn't eligible in the 2 rounds now become eligible

CIC don't design the system based on result from a few manipulated draws.

The way CIC design the system and CRS grid is given top priority to those in occupation in immediate demand. Hence if a person is in need in the Canadian job market, s/he can get a LMIA, get positive, and then proceed to PR immediately. (Obviously they didn't realize how reluctant employers are to obtain LMIA, some for reasons not for the benefit of Canadian economy)

After they have filled those, they let people with high education and language ability, young age to come regardless of their profession because they seen as more likely to success. (And how accurate it is compare to the reality?)