+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

850 points any chances ?

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry people

But I still don't get how can a person claim 900 points under EE without a job offer.

Someone please elaborate

EE_2015_IWS

Jan 29, 2015
It all depends on the way CIC structures the draw now.
No one has any clarity whether it will be according to the Categories we had earlier.
Or candidates with the highest points in the CRS system.

Hopefully they will declare the schedule for the draw soon maybe today be the EOD.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was currently reading a leading lawyer's article, he forecasted that people without pnp or lmia have a higher chance in the first few draws.
Pnp isn't well integrated yet. Job bank is yet to be functional.
There's was a 71% lmia refusal in 2014.

Furthermore, the immigration minister had a meeting woth the immigration bar association and said that they ate expecting most of their ITA candidates to not have pnp or lmia's.

Dmagdy

Jan 11, 2015
k1123 said:
hey guys i got 850 chance is there any chance for me to go through ?
guys i don`t understand you ...
i`m 324 point .. how come 850 and 1000
am i missing something :)

boreda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Then i hope the ppl who crossed age 35 + should not apply for the Canada PR.

What crazy thing is come up more ???

k1123

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
SergiiK said:
Don't get me wrong,guys, but I don't see any logic of giving 600 point to lmia holders. Basically everyone who has 400+ points is much more qualified than those under 900.
dont get wrong bud education qualification is important
but to get job offer and impressing ur employer shows ur talent
thats y he spent so much effort and money to hire u

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
sumit.singh.hallan said:
I can't agree more.

A guy with 900 points is just 300 without PNP/Job offer. An applicant with 400+ is much more equipped to succeed in Canada.
This isn't the point, the aim of the new system, coupled with the redesigned LMIA is to prioritize Canadians and PRs. You may be a high-scoring 400+ candidate but if your skills are not in demand and there are plenty of Canadians to take those jobs then you wouldn't be able to get an LMIA, whereas someone without say a Degree or lots of Canadian work experience but with skills that ARE in demand and cannot be easily found would easily get an LMIA and be pushed through for PR.

The priority is to safeguard employment for Canadians, not try and replace Canadians with better qualified foreigners.

k1123

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
doubleym said:
This isn't the point, the aim of the new system, coupled with the redesigned LMIA is to prioritize Canadians and PRs. You may be a high-scoring 400+ candidate but if your skills are not in demand and there are plenty of Canadians to take those jobs then you wouldn't be able to get an LMIA, whereas someone without say a Degree or lots of Canadian work experience but with skills that ARE in demand and cannot be easily found would easily get an LMIA and be pushed through for PR.

The priority is to safeguard employment for Canadians, not try and replace Canadians with better qualified foreigners.
well said brother

SergiiK

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Knowing how many times lmia process was abused I wouldn't say that everyone who has lmia deserves it.

narby

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
I got 857 point without education cre. And with it, my score will go up to 1015. And my job code is 6322 cook. I am waiting for WES result. I am not sure if cic pick any cooks for the first draw.

henudo

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2015
Hi k1123,

If you actually have 850, pliz don't lose hope. Just send the application. You should see the number of pple with points in the 300s still hoping they'll go through ;D

k1123 said:
thats what i said buddy we people are wasting our time