+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

8 year old daughter with PR to travel alone....

leviche

Sep 14, 2009
My wife and I (both PR) Filipino, have to finish our contracts in Qatar like January 2010. We are sending our 8 y/o daughter to go back to Canada to enroll for school for the second sem. She will be travelling alone with airline assistance. My sister and sister in law will meet her in Toronto Airport where we will also stay while we start to re-establish. Canadian Immigration will not deny our daughter entry,right? Or there is a possibility that they will not allow the PR child to travel alone if parents are not yet in Canada?

We need advice regarding our situation.

levinzki

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she is already PR and has her PR card, she is ok but if you are going to be landing as PR as a family, the primary applicant would have to land first or at the same time as the others. Most airlines will allow young children to travel alone but you have to let them know. The flight attendants will take care of her and somebody will take her through the airports to the right places so she doesn't get lost.

skokica

Jan 26, 2008
As Leon said, principal applicant has to land first. If that is you/your wife then that person has to fly with your daughter.
If you are having PR cards, then there shouldn't be any problem.

leviche

Sep 14, 2009
Thanks for the information. My daughter will be travelling alone with the letters (letter from my wife and me, and also her aunt where we will stay until while re establishing.) We are required to finish our contract until January 2010 (Qatar). We hope there will be no problem as she travel back to Canada for she have travelled alone last year also here in Qatar and went okay.

Any more updates or additional info will be much appreciated.

IsleChik

Sep 16, 2009
You might want to put in the letter how long she's been out of Canada, since that's normally a question asked of returning PRs

leviche said:
Thanks for the information. My daughter will be travelling alone with the letters (letter from my wife and me, and also her aunt where we will stay until while re establishing.) We are required to finish our contract until January 2010 (Qatar). We hope there will be no problem as she travel back to Canada for she have travelled alone last year also here in Qatar and went okay.

Any more updates or additional info will be much appreciated.