Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Nomination.....
Nova Scotia
Hi guys,

My wife is planning to study in Canada next year May-Sep intakes. She is a computer science Bachelor holder and her IELTS score meets the requirements for Postgraduate or master degree. However, she is not so confident that she will be able to manage the intensity of the master courses especially we have a baby, so she decided to go for 8 months Ontario post-graduate certificate.

The main reason initially behind pursuing a master degree was to get a quick visa approval and also to benefit from the two years open work permit I will get which will streamline the work journey process and also post that the PGWP for 3 years. But as I said, she is not so sure about how hard the master is (M.sc in computer science) and if she will be able to successfully pass all the requirements.

Now, the question is, if she gets admitted in PG certificate and I get an open work permit, is it going to be for the same length of study (8 months) or for at least 1 year? And what if I get a job offer for 1 year, how it will work with that short 8months work permit? Or Employers will be least likely want to offer me a job for that short-term work permit. Also, this work permit will be renewable for another 8 months after she graduates which is a total of 16 months, but Initially the work permit will be for that short term.

The second question if she applies for a diploma in business/ computer programming can we walk away with the visa without rejection? Or it will be considered a lower degree compared to her current bachelor one? N.B: She doesn't have any work experience in the business domain.

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

K