+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

8 - 12 Months Masters Program in Toronto ( Missisagua)

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I am just wondering if you guys can highlight any Masters Program that takes 8-12 months to complete and is recognized by Provincial Nominee Program?
Preferably, the program need to be in Mississauga.. I will appreciate responses since you guys might have done lot of research, These program should be easy to get in and require no GMAT ..

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punk said:
Hello,
I am just wondering if you guys can highlight any Masters Program that takes 8-12 months to complete and is recognized by Provincial Nominee Program?
Preferably, the program need to be in Mississauga.. I will appreciate responses since you guys might have done lot of research, These program should be easy to get in and require no GMAT ..
It would be better that we are given some more extra information such as your background studies, results and whatever that might help us to guide you.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
punk said:
Hello,
Hi,

All masters program are recoganized for ontario PNP, but it is limited to only for 1000 applicants per year.

All the Best.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Background is BBA Honours from Pakistan. Already studying in another university but need to move to Toronto preferably Mississauga.. Have the study permit for next 2 years... Have good grades and Ielts is 6 +...

@New_Aspirant
Number of universities mentioned in Approved Masters Program are limited

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
punk said:
Hello,
As far as I know most masters programs in Canada are around 2 years. They do not have the UK system of a 1 year masters program. Kind of makes sense considering that they give you a PR at the end of it (PNP - under international students with a masters). You are eligible to apply for a PR in your final semester.
The only programs that last 8 months to 12 months are graduate certificate and post grad diplomas.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do Post Grad Diplomas or certificates make you eligible for Nomination ? I believe NO....
There are programs that you can do in 1 year subject to you take extra courses....

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
1 year diplomas and certificate programs in NS make you eligible for PNP.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know, duration does not matters. It just need to be Masters..There are few programs that you can finish quickly by taking extra courses ...

Now my inquiry was to gather more information about those...

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Most colleges do not have masters. Masters programs are done by universities like Ryerson or U of T considering that you are looking at around the GTA.
Duration matters a lot. A masters for international students is around 9000 CAD per semester. That is around 18000 CAD per year (approx). For 2 years 36k.
Colleges have it around 6500 CAD per semester. But only one year so around 13k
Why would anyone join colleges if by paying 5k extra per year u can get a one year masters (from univ) and eventual PR? Answer, there are no masters for 1 year.
Universities around the GTA only have 2 year master programs.
Yes, if you want to get extra credits and study longer in an univ it costs you extra money. You would be better off doing a 2 year masters instead.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This information was intended for a friend of mine. I have my self done Masters from University of Ottawa. It was a 2 years program but I was able to finish it off within first year. I took 2 full time semesters and summer was part time. I got nomination within 3 months of submitting complete documents...I could have done it in 2 semesters too but I was not sure if that will qualify me. So Yes, there are programs that restrict you to be full time for X amount of semesters but others are pretty cool with that. Nomination requirements are Masters.. I was not sure what's the difference between the universities that are mentioned here

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_INSTITUTIONS.html

and then Universities mentioned Eligible Universities offering Masters Program

MMX

Star Member
Oct 11, 2012
Well, this might not apply to you as you were looking for some business stream masters, but just to share with people, there are surely one year Masters program. I know one example of MEng programs that are of one year duration. Rest I have no idea, they might have one year programs for other streams as well. don't know abt them, one should search before giving up (MEng is one year Masters program; to give you the motivation :D)

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for it. So yes, I was wondering if there are any programs apart from Engineering that offer 1 years Masters or potentially can be completed in 1 year