+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sasha188

Dec 10, 2021
Hello everyone

So I have a question and wish to get an answer from Those with enough knowledge. I became a permanent resident as a skilled immigrant in April 2021 and I then quit my job And started looking for another job and sent out my resume to more than 400 employers and never heard back from any. Therefore I started formatting my resume to match every job’s description until I finally received a job offer from a government agency. The work experience mentioned in the resume that I sent to them was completely irrelevant to the work experience I included in my immigration application. The question is will this affect my status later if they find out about the resume that I’ve sent or when I apply for citizenship and Are there any privacy policies that protect employees information.

I would appreciate any answers. Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone

So I have a question and wish to get an answer from Those with enough knowledge. I became a permanent resident as a skilled immigrant in April 2021 and I then quit my job And started looking for another job and sent out my resume to more than 400 employers and never heard back from any. Therefore I started formatting my resume to match every job’s description until I finally received a job offer from a government agency. The work experience mentioned in the resume that I sent to them was completely irrelevant to the work experience I included in my immigration application. The question is will this affect my status later if they find out about the resume that I’ve sent or when I apply for citizenship and Are there any privacy policies that protect employees information.

I would appreciate any answers. Thanks!
No issue. An employer can’t ask what is in your immigration application and your are a PR.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply. So the work experience included in that resume is the work experience I used to apply for the PR And again it’s completely irrelevant. I’m asking if it’s ok having an irrelevant work experience somewhere in a government database and will they actually ask them to send out my information when they process my citizenship application since I’ll have to include my work history in it. And also I had to take a different career path so that’s why I’m worried about any prospective red flags. Thanks again
Employers aren’t going to ask (and can’t) for the information your provided in your PR application. As a PR, you can work in whatever field you want.