+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

7241 Electricians (Except Industrial and Power System)

Trini_guy

Dec 2, 2008
I have been worked part time as an electrician (which is on the list) from 2003 until present..........but i worked under a contractor who is a licensed electrician. How would i prove this........seeing as i would have no pay slip, would just a letter from the contractor suffice?

zuzu

Star Member
Nov 14, 2008
a letter from the contractor would suffice provided:

1. Contractor has a registered business/licence number or whatever is legal system in your country.
2. Letter has proper letterhead(include name,address, licence, phone) or atleast include contact information of contractor.
3. attach business card of your contractor.
4. Letter should clearly state that you worked under him, your job duties and that you were paid cash in hand

make a copy of this and keep with yourself and attach the "original" with the application.

Note that if this profession is not properly regulated and if you cannot provide all of the above the case processing officer might want more proof/ give whatever points /refuse your claim. If you can attest the above letter with your country's lawyer that whatever you mentioned is true there's no reason you would have any problem.

all the best.

amoroso

Star Member
Jun 17, 2008
2003 is past 10 years...same thing with me I work as a college instructor last 1996-1998 and almost 10 years now.

amoroso

Star Member
Jun 17, 2008
I know but the problem is, I fall short with the new 38-list. I will only get 17 out of 21, that means my 67 point will be deducted.

momo2x1

Apr 19, 2008
amoroso said:
I know but the problem is, I fall short with the new 38-list. I will only get 17 out of 21, that means my 67 point will be deducted.
Trini_guy said:
take some french classes and do the test........i'm thinking about going that route.
i don't understand!!!!!!!
IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE SINCE 1996 EVEN IN DIFFERENT CAREERS YOU SHOUL HAVE THE 21, ISN'T THAT GUYS?

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
momo2x1 said:
amoroso said:
Trini_guy said:
take some french classes and do the test........i'm thinking about going that route.
i don't understand!!!!!!!
IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE SINCE 1996 EVEN IN DIFFERENT CAREERS YOU SHOUL HAVE THE 21, ISN'T THAT GUYS?

10 years is 1998, not 1996!

And you only count the jobs that are in the NOC 0, A and B categories.