+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

7 days left to arrive to Toronot and no accomdation yet..!!..plz help.

abudhabian

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Hi all,

Me,my wife and our 3 toddlers expected to arrive to Toronto on 12 July 2016 till 31 July, I been facing extream difficulties fining a suitable and affordable short stay place for us,and I got no time at time, I been trying to search Craiglist, kijiji, airbnb and always face same problem that I dont have credit history,or local references or employment in Canada.

I made a backup plan by booking a large room with living room in Quality Suites Airport Hotel,7 min from airport with 1600CAD$ for 19 days with refundable option till one day before check in date.

Please, I am looking for a better option, I tried to map google the airport hotel and its far from basic amenities for a new comer like no frill shops,malls,walk in clinics,ontario service...and downtown is 1 hour by TTC.......( Btw, if anyone been to this hotel,please share your experience ?! ).

I appreciate if anyone can assist me in finding a better short stay place soon.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Make sure you are looking at the ads for short term / sublet (not regular apartments).

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Toronto vacation rentals

https://toronto.craigslist.ca/search/vac

If you only stay for 19 days you might wanna try an RV ... reason for that is, you'll have your own space, there are different sizes, you're flexible because you got wheels.... expensive maybe (you'll have to look up an RV rental website) but it might be a better option for you guys!

http://www.canadream.com/

cheers!

1LukeSkywalker

Jun 27, 2016
For Airbnb, instead of input a 19-day stay, try input 1month stay. Most accommodations have discounts for monthly stays. If you input 19 days, they will calculate (cost per night x 19). Good luck!

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
1LukeSkywalker said:
For Airbnb, instead of input a 19-day stay, try input 1month stay. Most accommodations have discounts for monthly stays. If you input 19 days, they will calculate (cost per night x 19). Good luck!
He probably made that 19 day booking as a back up because he's coming on July 12th - just in case he doesn't find something before beginning of August.

abudhabian

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
thx all for answering,

actually my family will stay for 19 days then they will return back while i will continue to stay....my main concern is the 19 days with family with toddlers.

I used to read some short stay places for new immigrants, cant find one when u need it.. :mad:

I am not familiar with Toronto, so what u think guys about the airport hotels in terms of location....i tried to map google the area ,it seems very remote from malls,walk in clinics or ontario service centers....very hectic time indeed.

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
abudhabian said:
thx all for answering,

actually my family will stay for 19 days then they will return back while i will continue to stay....my main concern is the 19 days with family with toddlers.

I used to read some short stay places for new immigrants, cant find one when u need it.. :mad:

I am not familiar with Toronto, so what u think guys about the airport hotels in terms of location....i tried to map google the area ,it seems very remote from malls,walk in clinics or Ontario service centres....very hectic time indeed.
Airport is pretty far from Toronto downtown, and public transport is not cheap for 5 people. And of course because the hotels are very close to the airport, you might have issues with noise. If you are not planning to drive, if is always better to be close to public transport.

I have stayed in Toronto on several occasions, and I always used Airbnb. You won't need a credit history with Airbnb, just a credit/debit card to pay for your stay. As someone else also suggested, you should look into renting a place for a month. Then even when your family left, you'll have plenty of time to look for a new place, and hopefully a good reference from the person renting the house.

As for the location, I would suggest somewhere not too far from the downtown, walking distance to a supermarket to buy groceries.

Good luck, and I hope you can find a nice cheap place soon!

abudhabian

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Thx a lot OzTraveller for ur valuable input....I found some good places on airbnb but all of them are shared with other tenants along with the owner,prefer some privacy especially that I have toddlers which are noisy,don't think other tenants would feel comfortable.

Renting a car was on my mind to overcome the remote area of the airport hotels,but read somewhere its kinda costly since u not only paying for the car rental only but for hotel parking 15$/day+ downtown parking fees and also stuck in Toronto's traffic jam...what u think.?!

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
This is really short notice.... finding something within a week will be even harder because of the summerbreak. You might have to go with the hotel, especially when you have three little ones.

Maybe you'll find a hotel which is somewhere in between the airport and downtown Toronto. You have to be flexible one way or another. Don't get me wrong but being parents to three kids you just have to plan way ahead and think about those things right from the start and even before booking a flight.

If you do not want to rent a car you'll have to use transit. If you don't want to live too close to downtown Toronto you'll have to travel between the city and your hotel.... sigh...so not easy....

I hope you'll find a good place!

abudhabian

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
You are right Tri-Cities , I do understand your concern, but the situation I found myself at now is beyond my control ,I did arrange for a place through one of our relatives in north York,a friend of him was planning to go on vocation with all his family and we agreed to rent his flat for 2 months starting from 1 june although our flight was on 14 June, I even paid for 1st the 13 days of June that we will miss just to have peace of mind, all of a sudden and 3 days before our flight,our relatives called and told us the flat is not available any more because a son of that family insisted to stay behind, then I had no option but to put off our flight and the next affordable one was on 12 July, and ever since I am trying to find a suitable place.

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Oh no, that sounds really bad. So sorry to hear that!!

Keep looking, but if you find a hotel even pricey you should take it. When you guys are here everything will work out simply 'cause it has to.
Having three little kids you guys know about tough situations so I'm sure you'll be fine. Just make the best out of it!

I wish you all the best :)

abudhabian

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Thx Tri-Cities .

I just found a company that sublets furnished condos they are called Toronto Furnished Living Inc....any one heard about them or dealt with them..!!...how I know they are a licensed and trusted company not scammers ..!!...what if I pay them ,then when we arrive,we cant find them..!!.where to complain to get our money back.

by all means they are offering 2195CAD$ without tax for one big bedroom+big living room in Eglininto for a MONTH while my booking with quality suits AIRPORT Hotel is 2180 tax included for 19 days but the hotel is remote.

I am trying to get it for 17 days only but after I made calculation it turned to be 1980CAD$ tax included...so I thought the one month is better off, but my concern right now is what if they are scammers?!...how to know they are trustworthy.!!?

their terms and conditions seems unfair toward tenants..!!..or is it normal, I have no experience in Toronto housing rules at all.

Quote from their website:

Terms & Conditions

Payment and Transactions

At the Toronto Furnished Living Inc. website, we ask our interested visitors to pay a refundable security deposit in Canadian Dollars in order to reserve their choice of rental apartment. All the transactions are processed through secured server at our financial gateway established through Moneris.

Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy

1. If cancelled up to 15 days before the date of arrival, a fixed amount of CAD $100 will be charged and the balance refunded to the Credit Card.

2. If cancelled less than 15 days before the date of arrival or in case of no-show, there is no refund of the security deposit applicable.

3. There is no Refund applicable due to an early checkout for any reason.

Availability of Service

Toronto Furnished Living Inc. reserves the right to update, modify, change or discontinue the sites or any of the services at its’ sole discretion, at any time, without prior notice or liability.

Termination Of Access

Toronto Furnished Living Inc. reserve the rights to your ability to use the sites in whole or in part. Also to suspend or terminate your account is at Toronto Furnished Living Inc.’s sole discretion.

Changes To The Terms And Conditions Or The Websites

Toronto Furnished Living Inc. may change or modify the Terms and Conditions or these websites at any time. If and when these changes are made, Toronto Furnished Living Inc. will notify you by making an updated version of the Terms and Conditions available on this page and will indicate the date these terms were revised.

Any comments or questions about this Statement, should be addressed to Toronto Furnished Living Inc.

End of Quote.

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Looking up the internet & website this looks ligit. Good job!

Are you supposed to pay the full amount in advance?

Yeah, well, tenancy acts are different. I had to learn that too. Don't know nothing about Ontario law - sorry.