L=7
R=7
S=7.5
W=6.5
Im planning to apply for pnp. Can any one help me which one will be good

mcarbon

Feb 23, 2019
Can you please give some writing tips
I don't know if there is much that I can tell you beyond what is written in a lot of IELTS prep books. I'll share what I think are important factors in writing.

1. Logical flow and paragraphing. How well do your ideas connect and transition? When I'm reading a sentence, I will have some anticipation of what is going to come after the sentence so don't change the topic unexpectedly. Use paragraphs to introduce different ideas because reading a wall of text is daunting for readers, whereas paragraphing makes reading more digestible. Use words like 'subsequently', 'moreover', 'on the other hand', etc. to help with your transitions.

2. Use the appropriate vocabulary that is tailored to the purpose of the task. Do not force fancy words in a friendly letter for example. Even in an analytical task, try not to force fancy words unless you have read them being used in a similar context before.

3. Vary your sentence structure. Usually, you should use shorter sentences in the first sentence of a paragraph to introduce the topic. And then you flesh out the paragraph with a mix of medium and longer sentences throughout the paragraph so that you can build your argument. Finally, at the end of a paragraph, you usually use a short or medium sentence to conclude the paragraph.

4. Avoid over-usage of third person pronouns like 'this', 'these', 'it', 'they', etc. These pronouns should be used carefully because they can make reading difficult for the reader. For example, a sentence could be: "I love eating grapes and drinking water. It is awesome." What is 'it' referring to? Eating grapes or drinking water? I don't know and I hate reading such sentences because the meaning is tough to discern.

I don't know if there are any other tips that I can share. You will need to practice timed writing tasks and you should try to have these tasks marked by someone else. Maybe read analytical opinion pieces on your favorite topics as well and analyze the writing style.

Good luck!

Reactions: MichaelHolla

rubina89

Feb 19, 2019
Hi Guys, I attended BC IELTS GT on 6th July, I got my results on Thursday online and it was LRWS - 9,9,6.5,7 and overall 8. When I went to collect my TRF, BC local office says the result are not yet ready for me and I have to wait. What do you think has happened? I am confused. Anyone else with same case?

velocityblood

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Guys, I attended BC IELTS GT on 6th July, I got my results on Thursday online and it was LRWS - 9,9,6.5,7 and overall 8. When I went to collect my TRF, BC local office says the result are not yet ready for me and I have to wait. What do you think has happened? I am confused. Anyone else with same case?
How did you prepared for Reading?

velocityblood

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
No. one can guess, go for reval.

Yasmin begum

May 24, 2019
Please house, I need your advice
Overall
Listening
Reading
Writing
Speaking
Should I apply for a remark?
This was my result too, when i wrote the first time.. i put for remark,, just lost 10k. They dont give more or remarking.. u can try ur luck