+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

6242(Cooks) and 4 month Certificate course (Food and Beverage Production)

Nee

Feb 15, 2012
Dear Friends,
I am planning to apply for Canadian immigration for federal skilled worker in the category Noc: 6242(Cooks). Self Assessment showing 67 point.

1. My Education is

Higher Secondary Certificate (12 years) 1995
Bachelor of Commerce, National University (2 years) 1997
Certificate course (4 Month)......Food and Beverage Production . 4 Month in Institute +2 Month Industrial Attachment (2003)

2. Age = 36 Years
3. Relative in Canada = Wife’s Uncle (Distant relative) Not sure I will get point for this
4. IELTS Score
• Reading = 6.0
• Speaking = 7.5
• Writing = 6.5
• Listening = 6.5
French
• Nil
5. Wife Education = Bachelor of Science (3Years)
6. Experience =More than 4 years as a cook.
Anyone can give me some information?
Can i apply as a cook ? I am worried about my Tread course, it’s only four months.
I’m doing Post Graduate Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism management. Can this improve my application ?
What can i do if cap is reached ?
When is the best time to apply?
I will be glad if anyone help me
Thank

takingchances

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will qualify for the FSW category because you have work experience as a cook and you have 67 points, but unfortunately the 500 cap for the occupation Cook has been reached a couple of days back, so you have to wait till July and hope that the cook will be there in the list of accepted occupations....best of luck.

Nee

Feb 15, 2012
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.I really wanted to know what qualification i need to apply as a cook? I have 4 month tread course, is that enough .I am warred about my Tread course .Is it adequate for NCO..6242 ? Thanks