+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

6 years gap in study, Do I qualify to apply under SPP program?

Ketan Sitapara

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Surat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2017
Passport Req..
20-Sep-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
24-Dec-2017
Hello Friends,

I did my MBA in 2011 and since then I am working as BDE, now intend to study in Canada. Do I qualify to apply under SPP program? (IELTS - 6.5)
Most of the consultant in India says "NO" just because I have a gap of 6 years in study. But someone my friend applied under SPP after 2-3 years gap and they secured their visa. When I told this to my consultant, he said SPP is not allowed the gap of 5 years.

Please shower your experience on this.

Thank you

Andy333

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

I did my MBA in 2011 and since then I am working as BDE, now intend to study in Canada. Do I qualify to apply under SPP program? (IELTS - 6.5)
Most of the consultant in India says "NO" just because I have a gap of 6 years in study. But someone my friend applied under SPP after 2-3 years gap and they secured their visa. When I told this to my consultant, he said SPP is not allowed the gap of 5 years.

Please shower your experience on this.

Thank you
No dont apply most likely your visa will be rejected. there are lot of cases with gap for whom the visas are rejected. Research more before applying . Try to apply for PR if you wish to move there and study .

Jimmyw

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
you can apply under spp, a gap isn't a gap if you were working. gap is when u were sitting idle. there are cases where people got visa having work experience of 5 to 6 years.

All the best.

The reply is according to the best of my knowledge.

Ketan Sitapara

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Surat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2017
Passport Req..
20-Sep-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
24-Dec-2017
you can apply under spp, a gap isn't a gap if you were working. gap is when u were sitting idle. there are cases where people got visa having work experience of 5 to 6 years.

All the best.

The reply is according to the best of my knowledge.
Thank you for your reply,

Yes, I do also know the cases who has secured the visa after 5-6 years gap but donot know about their program like SPP or general.

Thats's a reason i got confused.

Jimmyw

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Thank you for your reply,

Yes, I do also know the cases who has secured the visa after 5-6 years gap but donot know about their program like SPP or general.

Thats's a reason i got confused.
you can go under spp if you can prove your work experience via documents.