+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

6 Weeks Vacation Outside Canada - Can I Count It In Experience For Canadian Experience Class ?

mirahe94

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
OK, got it. I definitely had more than 52 weeks of work experience at the time of the ITA if you include my current work experience. Although I didn't include the current work experience at the time of receiving the ITA I made sure to include and document it with a reference letter + pay stub + more for the e-APR. I am going to profusely apologize for not listing the work experience in the EE profile and ask them to reevaluate my application. I realize that it is at the officer's discretion but hopefully they will understand my mistake.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
OK, got it. I definitely had more than 52 weeks of work experience at the time of the ITA if you include my current work experience. Although I didn't include the current work experience at the time of receiving the ITA I made sure to include and document it with a reference letter + pay stub + more for the e-APR. I am going to profusely apologize for not listing the work experience in the EE profile and ask them to reevaluate my application. I realize that it is at the officer's discretion but hopefully they will understand my mistake.

Something doesn’t seem right here.

can you post the jobs(NOC code) along with the dates you worked in the past three years prior to the ITA?

and what did you put in your EE profile and what are you adding now?

mirahe94

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
First work experience (NOC 2175): July 3, 2018 - December 3, 2018 [21 weeks, 6 days]

Paid vacation (indicated in the letter for the first work experience): December 3 - December 24, 2018 [3 weeks]

Remote work experience for the first work experience: December 24, 2018 - January 25, 2019 [WON'T COUNT TOWARDS 1 year work experience]

Came back to Canada on January 25, 2019. Immediately went back to the office on January 28 2019.

First work experience (NOC 2175): January 28, 2019 - May 1, 2019 [13 weeks, 2 days]

Second work experience (NOC 2175): May 2, 2019 - July 17, 2019 [10 weeks, 6 days]

CURRENT Third work experience (NOC 2175): August 1, 2019 - October 2, 2019 (when I received ITA) [8 weeks, 6 days]

When you add up the weeks up until the date I received the ITA, it's well over 55 weeks.

The last job wasn't included in the Express Entry profile but I included it in my e-APR.

Last edited:

mirahe94

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
From this page, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html, I possess the qualifications (1 year work experience) at the time of the ITA and submitting e-APR.

Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) includes a new authority that supports the Express Entry system.

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

• the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
What do you think?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, it appears you should be ok. You have the required work experience before you received your ITA - you didn't tell IRCC about it, but you did have it (assuming the letters, pay stubs etc pass muster). The officer is likely to accept your experience.

You'll be unlucky to be denied - it is possible, though, since you hadn't included it in your EE profile, but I don't think it'll be an issue.

Good luck, and come back and let us know what happened.

Reactions: mirahe94

mirahe94

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
@21Goose can you help me understand what the second part (bolded) means?

• the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, and if the same is corroborated by the supporting documents filed; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
@21Goose can you help me understand what the second part (bolded) means?

• the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, and if the same is corroborated by the supporting documents filed; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
That’s what I was talking about. You got an ITA based on information you submitted. Now, when you submit your final application, you cannot change things around to the extent that you wouldn’t have gotten an ITA if your profile had looked like your final application.

That’s why it talks about a “material change” - anything that affects the eligibility/points criteria.

however, in your case, you do appear to have the qualifying experience, so it should not be a “material change”.

Reactions: mirahe94

mirahe94

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
I don't think I completely understand but I'll keep monitoring the GCMS notes and hope for the best. They have not started reviewing eligibility yet so I won't know anything until early next year. My WP expires 06/2021 but I am still anxious about receiving a refusal late into 2020 then having to scramble for a new PR application or BOWP :/

I am worried that when they review the work experience and my LOE they might think that I shouldn't have received an ITA based on the fact that the two jobs in the EE profile amounted to less than a year of experience (due to omitting the remote work for the first experience)...

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Why is it wrong to count the remote work experience as work experience towards CEC? @jes_ON

I'm in a tough situation because I submitted my CEC application with about 12 months and 3 weeks of work experience (on my PGWP). I took a paid vacation from December 3 - December 24 2018 (this was in the reference letter). I believe the vacation will count towards the CEC work experience - no problem.
At the end of my vacation I didn't have the TRV to go back to Canada on December 24 so I had to apply for a TRV and stay abroad until January 25. My personal history states that I was abroad for tourism reasons from December 3 - January 25 but I still did work for my company when I was waiting for the TRV to arrive (from December 24 to January 25). It's about a month of remote work experience ... :/ The company allowed me to work remotely from abroad until I came back to Canada on January 25th. Do you think the work experience from December 24 - January 25 won't count because it was conducted outside Canada? I have the pay stubs and communication to prove that I indeed worked for the company in this period. I also explained the situation in my TRV application and my employer provided a letter saying that I need to go back to Canada to resume my employment onsite. Do you think I should send a CSE explain the situation or resign to the fact that my remote experience won't be counted and my application is going to be refused?
Hi
Did your application get approved? I am in same boat