+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

6 months wait for heartbroken family

Donna s

May 6, 2021
I reapplied for a TRP in February after my previous trp became invalid when I had to return to UK when my mother passed away .it was early Feb I am still waiting with our two year old son for a TRP to go back to my husband and family .our son is desperate for his daddy and sisters and grandparents I was told I need an in person interview no date STILL what can I do one heartbroken family at breaking point

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I reapplied for a TRP in February after my previous trp became invalid when I had to return to UK when my mother passed away .it was early Feb I am still waiting with our two year old son for a TRP to go back to my husband and family .our son is desperate for his daddy and sisters and grandparents I was told I need an in person interview no date STILL what can I do one heartbroken family at breaking point
There is information missing when it comes to your story. The UK was in lockdown for the majority of that time so the consulate was no open which is one of the reasons you haven't received an interview.. They may have only just started back at the office and scheduling meetings. They may not even be at that point but I assume there is quite a backlog after being in lockdown for many months. The other issues is that you don't qualify for rehabilitation so your application isn't as straightforward as approving a visa without a criminal record.