+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

6 months IEC in BC

Gambler91

May 18, 2016
Hi there,

on january I will be in BC on a 6 months IEC VISA which will gave me a 6 months Open Work Permit.
I have a Bachelor in Business and I can speak Chinese and Italian but with 0 work experience.
I have enough money for a 1 year college certificate.

I think I'm gonna look for a skilled position as a Administrative Assistant which could lead me to apply under CEC after a LMIA and 1 year of work experience.
I want to ask if someone could tell me what is the best solution for the PR:

1. Moving to the BC northeast Bregion where I think there are some labour shortage and hope for a LMIA.

2. Moving to Vancouver and looking for a LMIA in a position which requieres some knowledge of Chinese.

Can anyone tell which of these two possible scenario can give the best chance to stay in Canada?

Thanks

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
I am not an immigration consultant and so cannot comment on visa requirements etc, however from personal experience I have found that locations with labour shortages will likely work better to start as there is less of a chance of someone Canadian wanting to live and work there. So somewhere cold, miserable and small. That means that permits are easier to renew or extend, and employers might even be more inclined to help with PR application.

This worked for me. I am now a citizen.

Good luck.

Gambler91

May 18, 2016
Thanks for the reply.

May I ask you if LMIA process would be faster in rural area and what is the average processing time?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Gambler91 said:
Thanks for the reply.

May I ask you if LMIA process would be faster in rural area and what is the average processing time?

Thanks
1. No, as they are processed at central locations.
2. 10-12 weeks could be more.