+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

6 months and counting

ican

Feb 17, 2008
Buffalo office received my application right on 27th Feb, 2008 and since then i have received two mails from the Canadian consulate informing me that they have created a provisional file for me and that they are awaiting for the instructions from the minister.
On one hand, they are talking about reducing the wait time from x number of years now to 6 to 12 months. i have been already waiting for about 6 months and have still not gotton my AOR. I am sure there are a lot of others in the same boat. Has anybody received AOR from buffalo after 27th Feb yet?

AlberMex

Star Member
May 8, 2008
Guadalajara Mexico
I just wonder how Immigration Canada is going to process the new applications, the ones who applied before feb 2008 are supposed to have priority....it is going to take years to process the 900,000 backlog applications before starting with the new ones...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

AlberMex said:
I just wonder how Immigration Canada is going to process the new applications, the ones who applied before feb 2008 are supposed to have priority....it is going to take years to process the 900,000 backlog applications before starting with the new ones...
New applications once the list is published will processed quickly, those not on the list will be returned. Applications in the backlog that have occupations on the list, will receive expedited processing, the others will rot on the vine.

PMM

brian07

Jan 25, 2008
ican said:
Buffalo office received my application right on 27th Feb, 2008 and since then i have received two mails from the Canadian consulate informing me that they have created a provisional file for me and that they are awaiting for the instructions from the minister.
On one hand, they are talking about reducing the wait time from x number of years now to 6 to 12 months. i have been already waiting for about 6 months and have still not gotton my AOR. I am sure there are a lot of others in the same boat. Has anybody received AOR from buffalo after 27th Feb yet?
I mailed my application in Buffalo March 7. They received it March 10 and I got a letter from CIC Buffalo assigning me an immigration file number and a note from the letter that they are still waiting for the minister's instruction. I believe the Immigration File Number is the AOR you are mentioning here right?

ican

Feb 17, 2008
well, i may be wrong here but i think the file number they are giving out is something called "Provisional" file number and is not equivalent to AOR as such. After getting the full instructions from the minister, if your skill set does not match with what is required, they may still choose not to process your application. On the other hand, if they do process your application, they will assign a permanant file number to you.

brian07

Jan 25, 2008
ican said:
well, i may be wrong here but i think the file number they are giving out is something called "Provisional" file number and is not equivalent to AOR as such. After getting the full instructions from the minister, if your skill set does not match with what is required, they may still choose not to process your application. On the other hand, if they do process your application, they will assign a permanant file number to you.
Can you the number that CIC gave you to view your status online? The ones they gave works for viewing the status online.

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Don't know if this thread is still being monitored, but what happened to your applications, guys,... Could you guys update here please ? Much obliged,....

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Alber

CIC is now dealing with the 38 cases and those who got approved before the NOC 38 announcement got active. Canada is in dire state of their economy and passing their worst times economically.

Canada cant accept more people now so that they go there and become a burden to the Government.
I dont see until 2010 June, there would be any forecast for rising or downturn of the recession.
So good luck for the 38s , rest should count for better days to come for Canadian Business.