+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5th Visitor Record Extension Refused

jaer

Nov 5, 2021
I just had my visitor record extension refused. It's my 5th time applying a visitor record extension because i have a pending work permit application for the Home Support Pilot. Program inside canada... I don't know why i got a refusal this time but it was the same thing that we did for the past extensions that we applied before and there were no problems... I'm just confuse as to what would b the next step since i am waiting for the work permit application that i have under HSW pilot program which is kinda delayed because fo the pandemic... Anyway, the reafusal letter indicated as follows:

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors, which include the applicant’s:
  1. Reason for original entry and reason for requested extension;
  2. Ties to country of permanent residence, including:
    • employment and study commitments;
    • family ties and responsibilities;
    • status (citizenship or immigration status);
  3. Financial means for the extended stay and return home;
  4. Travel and identity documents;
  5. Probability to leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.
  6. After considering all the circumstances of your case, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations.

Any advice on what to do next? is restoring status applicable?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I just had my visitor record extension refused. It's my 5th time applying a visitor record extension because i have a pending work permit application for the Home Support Pilot. Program inside canada... I don't know why i got a refusal this time but it was the same thing that we did for the past extensions that we applied before and there were no problems... I'm just confuse as to what would b the next step since i am waiting for the work permit application that i have under HSW pilot program which is kinda delayed because fo the pandemic... Anyway, the reafusal letter indicated as follows:

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors, which include the applicant’s:
  6. After considering all the circumstances of your case, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations.

You've been refused because you have been in Canada for too long now as a visitor and visitors are only supposed to come here temporarily.

If you want to stay, you need to apply to restore your status back to visitor. I would apply to restore your status as soon as possible.

If restoration is refused as well, you will need to leave.

Good luck with the restoration application.

jaer

Nov 5, 2021
You've been refused because you have been in Canada for too long now as a visitor and visitors are only supposed to come here temporarily.

If you want to stay, you need to apply to restore your status back to visitor. I would apply to restore your status as soon as possible.

If restoration is refused as well, you will need to leave.

Good luck with the restoration application.
Yeah it took awhile because of the pending application i have for a work permit... they already asked for my medical exam on that but pandemic happened thats why it took very long...supposedly would have to get the result last year but it didnt happen...
Well canada, has in place a public policy for visitors that they can have work permit in times like this...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah it took awhile because of the pending application i have for a work permit... they already asked for my medical exam on that but pandemic happened thats why it took very long...supposedly would have to get the result last year but it didnt happen...
Well canada, has in place a public policy for visitors that they can have work permit in times like this...
The public policy allows you to apply for the work permit but this unfortunately doesn't mean you are allowed to remain in Canada indefinitely.

When you apply for restoration, make sure you include your bank statement and show that you have sufficient funds / savings to continue to pay for your stay in Canada without working. I would also show ties to your home country if possible (e.g. property). You'll also want to show evidence that you are waiting for the work permit to be approved.

jaer

Nov 5, 2021
The public policy allows you to apply for the work permit but this unfortunately doesn't mean you are allowed to remain in Canada indefinitely.

When you apply for restoration, make sure you include your bank statement and show that you have sufficient funds / savings to continue to pay for your stay in Canada without working. I would also show ties to your home country if possible (e.g. property). You'll also want to show evidence that you are waiting for the work permit to be approved.
In terms of financial means here, i dont have problems with it coz i'm staying with my sisters and they are the one spending for my expenses here...thank you for the advice will certainly do that... i'cant seem to understand why they asked for those things when in fact we already attached the necessary documents needed...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In terms of financial means here, i dont have problems with it coz i'm staying with my sisters and they are the one spending for my expenses here...thank you for the advice will certainly do that... i'cant seem to understand why they asked for those things when in fact we already attached the necessary documents needed...
It would be much better if you can show your own funds. Having to rely on someone else weakens your application and lowers the chances of approval. IRCC wants to see that you yourself have the money to be able to continue to stay here.

If you cannot show your own funds, then include a recent bank statement from your sister showing her savings and a letter from her stating that she is covering all of your living expenses. Also include proof of her employment (e.g. pay stubs).

jaer

Nov 5, 2021
It would be much better if you can show your own funds. Having to rely on someone else weakens your application and lowers the chances of approval. IRCC wants to see that you yourself have the money to be able to continue to stay here.

If you cannot show your own funds, then include a recent bank statement from your sister showing her savings and a letter from her stating that she is covering all of your living expenses. Also include proof of her employment (e.g. pay stubs).
yeah i also have my own bank statement...i'm wondering if there is a minimu atleast that i should show or something...coz overtime it got lowered down...

jaer

Nov 5, 2021

Are life insurance considered investments? coz i have life insurance back home and funeral insurance as well as stock investments...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are life insurance considered investments? coz i have life insurance back home and funeral insurance as well as stock investments...
No - they aren't.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

If you’re on you 5th extension then you must have arrived around a year before the pandemic. You were likely given more extensions because of the pandemic since 4 extensions for a sibling to remain in Canada is quite rare.

Azlan Aslam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019

Hi,

My parents came to Canada on March 28th, 2021. I applied for the visitor record for my parents on August 26th, 2021 (a month before their 6 month stay period) but haven't got the reply till now? How long it took them to process your application. Also, till the time there is no decision on their application, they are allowed to stay in Canada, right?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

My parents came to Canada on March 28th, 2021. I applied for the visitor record for my parents on August 26th, 2021 (a month before their 6 month stay period) but haven't got the reply till now? How long it took them to process your application. Also, till the time there is no decision on their application, they are allowed to stay in Canada, right?
You should hear soon and yes they can remain in Canada. They have implied status.