+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

-

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed. Bad plan to use your home country passport. Doesn’t matter if you travel home or not. It can be considered reavailment and result in you loosing your refugee and PR status. Best to stick it in a frame somewhere as a memento if your previous life.

Reactions: Bryanna

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
I do not want to travel to my home country. I am just traveling back for roughly 6-9 months to wrap up things in the country I lived in. Is that still okay?
This is affect you when you’re renewing your PR or applying for your citizenship. It is best you don’t go with your passport and that length of time is not advisable.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I do not want to travel to my home country. I am just traveling back for roughly 6-9 months to wrap up things in the country I lived in. Is that still okay?
6-9 months in a country where you claimed you were in imminent danger will raise red flags.

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
6-9 months in a country where you claimed you were in imminent danger will raise red flags.
Someone who claim of persecution from a particular country won’t be hungry to go back ever again. That’s exact how Canadian government sees it if you even dare travel with their country passport to visit other countries talkelss of going to the same country the you fear persecution. A word is a enough to the wise!

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I am not traveling to the country of claimed persecution. I would never return there! I am going to the country that I lived in. It is different to my country of citizenship.
No you shouldn't use your home country passport to travel. You must apply for a Refugee Travel Document from Passport Canada.

See link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=610&top=11

I am a refugee and I need to travel outside Canada. What documents do I need to travel?
You need to get a Refugee Travel Document from Passport Canada. It is recognized in all countries as a valid travel document. However, you cannot use it to travel to the country that you are a citizen of or the country of claimed persecution.

If you are a:

you will need a Refugee Travel Document.

To apply, you will need to give Passport Canada proof of your status in Canada. You will need either: