+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Greasewheel

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Thank you to the members here for putting up with what might seem to be trivial queries.

In Form 5532, Part C, Question 7 (Do your close friends, family and children know about your relationship?)

I am the sponsor.
In the supporting documents for this question I was thinking to only include affidavits from my friends and family, some of who attended our wedding in Thailand. Since we already have tons of wedding photos to submit showing my wife's family and friends in attendance as well as many photos showing my past contacts with my wife's family and friends it seemed a bit redundant. Another reason behind this thinking is that I presume all affidavits in Thai language would also need to be translated and certified whereas mine would already be in English.
Would going this route weaken the application?
What say you?

Thanks for any future advice.

Greasewheel

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Thank you to the members here for putting up with what might seem to be trivial queries.

In Form 5532, Part C, Question 7 (Do your close friends, family and children know about your relationship?)

I am the sponsor.
In the supporting documents for this question I was thinking to only include affidavits from my friends and family, some of who attended our wedding in Thailand. Since we already have tons of wedding photos to submit showing my wife's family and friends in attendance as well as many photos showing my past contacts with my wife's family and friends it seemed a bit redundant. Another reason behind this thinking is that I presume all affidavits in Thai language would also need to be translated and certified whereas mine would already be in English.
What say you?

Just bumping this.
Still struggling with my (Sponsor)choice to only provide written evidence of prior knowledge of our relationship from my friends and family. I have photo evidence of previous contacts with my wife's(PA) family and friends. Do you think this would carry the day? Or would it be wise to spend the extra time to gather affidavits, have them translated and sent to me?

As a secondary question. I was going to get a statement from my landlord in Thailand for proof of cohabitation, He is English. Could this be in email form or would it need an original signature?

Thanx again to the members here for taking the time to assist.
With 3 tourist visa refusals already under our belts we are a little gun-shy.
Cheers

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I am the sponsor.
What say you?

Don't send "tons of pictures". IRCC specifically states a maximum of 20 pictures for a reason.

If they wanted affidavits, they would ask for them. Simple letters are fine. You can submit form just your side or both. You can translate the Thai ones yourselves.

Just bumping this.
Still struggling with my (Sponsor)choice to only provide written evidence of prior knowledge of our relationship from my friends and family. I have photo evidence of previous contacts with my wife's(PA) family and friends. Do you think this would carry the day? Or would it be wise to spend the extra time to gather affidavits, have them translated and sent to me?

As a secondary question. I was going to get a statement from my landlord in Thailand for proof of cohabitation, He is English. Could this be in email form or would it need an original signature?

Thanx again to the members here for taking the time to assist.
With 3 tourist visa refusals already under our belts we are a little gun-shy.
Cheers
The landlord can scan and email you a signed letter.

Reactions: Greasewheel