+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5 year visitor visa granted but entry denied

Rahul@shivam

Oct 2, 2019
Dear friends,
I am businessman and I have received an invitation letter from Canada to participate in Congress ( exhibition) my visa is granted but I have received my passport ( later) after exhibition,Canada high commission granted a 5 year Canada visa so I decided to go to Canada for tourist ( reason I listened that if you don’t use your visa early they can revoked your visa) when I went to Canada immigration Toronto they refused my entry and asked me to why you not came on exhibition date & time , I explained everything & show the passport collection receipt,they trust me and told me that we believe you that you got your passport or visa after exhibition, but our immigration law did not allow you to enter Canada, if you want we can provide you a Attorney for your permanent stay, I say no I am businessman I don’t want to stay here I want to go back India
Then officer told me that your visa is good we are not doing anything like cancel.your visa I granted for participate in conference, They gave me paper and told after go back you can request for change your visa or withdraw your application/ visa and apply a new visitor visa
My question ,where I can sent email or what kinds of documents & what I have to do now.
My visa is granted from Ottawa
Thanks

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I think there is a misunderstanding somewhere. CBSA does not provide anyone a lawyer. There must be a reason for refused entry.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Dear friends,
I am businessman and I have received an invitation letter from Canada to participate in Congress ( exhibition) my visa is granted but I have received my passport ( later) after exhibition,Canada high commission granted a 5 year Canada visa so I decided to go to Canada for tourist ( reason I listened that if you don’t use your visa early they can revoked your visa) when I went to Canada immigration Toronto they refused my entry and asked me to why you not came on exhibition date & time , I explained everything & show the passport collection receipt,they trust me and told me that we believe you that you got your passport or visa after exhibition, but our immigration law did not allow you to enter Canada, if you want we can provide you a Attorney for your permanent stay, I say no I am businessman I don’t want to stay here I want to go back India
Then officer told me that your visa is good we are not doing anything like cancel.your visa I granted for participate in conference, They gave me paper and told after go back you can request for change your visa or withdraw your application/ visa and apply a new visitor visa
My question ,where I can sent email or what kinds of documents & what I have to do now.
Thanks
seems like you have a business visa but were trying to come as tourist. Since the business purpose was no longer valid you need to apply for a tourist visa. it is a similar process that you went through for your business visa.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Dear friends,
Thanks
What did the paper say?

Did it say "Voluntary Withdrawal of Application to Enter Canada"?

Katerinachi

Sep 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
29-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
13-06-2017
Dear friends,
Thanks
It's good that they did not put you to jail. I had a friend who tried to come to Canada under a business visa, but actually was going to visit his girlfriend and he spent a month in immigration detention facility. You just need to apply for a new visitor visa, if you still want to visit.

zainzindani

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Dear friends,
Thanks
Really feel sad Mr Rahul.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It's good that they did not put you to jail. I had a friend who tried to come to Canada under a business visa, but actually was going to visit his girlfriend and he spent a month in immigration detention facility. You just need to apply for a new visitor visa, if you still want to visit.
Your "friend" was not detained for a month for travelling on a business visa. That is not how the law works.

Reactions: k.h.p.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your friend must have destroyed their documents or been using fake documents. People who are refused entry are sent back on the next available flight. Sometimes this requires a day or two in immigration detention because of flight availability but not a month.

Reactions: k.h.p.

ibbidude1

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
you got a visa to attend that exhibition. there was no reason of your traveling when you were late thats why your entry was denied.
if you want to visit again for tourism. apply tourist visa again.
BTW feeling sad for the incident happened with you.
best of luck