+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5-year visa; can I re-enter immediately after I stayed 6 months?

wing

Jun 21, 2011
I have 5-year Canadian temp visitor visa (multi-entry)
Can I stay in Canada for the first six months and then exit and re-enter for another 6 months?
Could you please advise me?

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
wing said:
Can I stay in Canada for the first six months and then exit and re-enter for another 6 months?
Yes, you can . Let me know your citizenship ? So, I can tell you more.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Depends upon the officer at POE how long a visit you're granted. Normally, a visitor is granted 6 months but when you leave and you re enter too soon, you might be given a shorter time or denied entry.

wing said:

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
wing said:
I have Mexican passport. Does it change anything?
Yes, it does change. When you re-enter soon after your visit. You have to give good reason and prove,why you are returning soon and the purpose. They have records that many Mexican enter U.S. or Canada, do illegal work and crime. So, it does change, having a Mexican passport. :-X

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The rule of thumb is that if you stay in Canada more than you don't, you are residing in Canada and not visiting. A visitor visa is for visitors, not for residents. The immigration officer can therefore deny you entry if they feel that you are living in Canada too long on a visitor visa and you are unable to convince them that your purpose is not to work illegally.