+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5 year gap after study..May i get student visa for Canada?

Yamini Patel

Jun 15, 2015
Dear Sir, Ma'm,

Right now I am in very confuse and tension about to get a student visa for Canada.
I completed B.E. Of I.T. In 2010, after that one and half I started to do the job in near my city. In between, I got rejected for 2 times US student visa, after I gave ielts with 5.5 and applied for non-spp student visa for Canada, and my bad luck again I got rejected student visa for Canada.
After three times rejection (2 times US and one time Canada), i started job in December 2011 and till this date i am doing the job.
My job status is also confusing, I guess.
I complete software in and my job status is an Online Marketing (SEO), social media marketer as well as key account manager for e-commerce site.
So, I am also in confuse that, this may be effective to get a visa.
Can you please suggest me, may I get a student visa for Canada or other country?
Please advise me ASAP.

Regards,
Yamini

hitman22

Oct 19, 2013
Hi yamini

Even im applying for visa with 5 year gap after Study.Hoping for the best and all the best to u :)

Rihan89

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna Visa Offce
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Not Needed
Interview........
Not Needed
VISA ISSUED...
18 - 05 - 15
LANDED..........
01-09-2015
I had 6 years gap.got approved..so good Luck

bhaskar_1231

Jun 14, 2015
Hello my dear friends.

I am from India and intrested to take admission in one of the college of canada. Kindly go through my brief profile and suggest if it would be possible to study in canada.

Qualification--- Diploma in mech engg 1990
BA ARTS 2007 (PART TIME)

age- 47 yrs DOB-6-7-1968

EXPERIENCE:- Employed in a Govt organisation in India and currently working still as on date for the last 21 years.

MY QUERIES: 1. I am planning to study either 1 year diploma or 2 year PG diploma in Enterprise IT Management.

The counsellor of the college is going to admit me and very soon i am appearing for IELTS and 5.5 in each module is off course a requirement.

2. What are the chances of visa issuance particularly keeping in view of my age which is 47 yrs?

3. For what specific requirements does the visa officer sees while considering for study permit.? Off course i have a govt job with a apartment on finance. So with my obligations i can easily prove that i would be back to my country after finishing the course.

4. Kindly Inform for what particular courses does the banks does provide for finance for education abroad. ? Can we get it financed for one year diploma also?

5. Also just note that i have just a pass academic record. But my english is quite good as my usage of english is mostly thorough. Anyway i am appearing for IELTS which is a mandatory requirement. Does it suffice or visa officer thoroughly tries to see the overall percentage the student has scored for admission requirements? I hope when the college issues letter of acceptance that should be final. Anyway i wanted to consult others based on experiences. Pls suggest.

6. I have got some invitations from short term english language schools in canada for 4 weeks etc. The fees is affordable but does CHC issue visas easily to Indian applicants for these courses ?

Just drop a few words based on experiences.

Thanks & regards----Best wishes to all--

Yamini Patel

Jun 15, 2015
rasel5065 said:
what was the reason for refusal?
There is no such kind of reason for refusal, that's why i confused.
And that time i applied under non-spp program.
May be it was one of the reasons.

rishi_canada

Jun 2, 2016
Hi! Rihan!
I read your reply that your visa got approved eventhought you had applied with six years gap.
Can you do me a favour please, because i am also having the same gap of 5 years.
I completed my graduation in March'2011 and since then i have been doing chartered Accountancy of India.
I started my articleship training under a qualified C.A. in February'2014 and my articleship training will end in Jan'2017.
So my question to you is "will my visa be accepted if i apply with five years of gap since i completed my graduation i.e. in 2011?
I am afraid because two student visa consultants said that my visa acceptance possibility is less because of this gap of 5 years.
Please I need your help sir. Thank you in advance.
My email id is-- rishijoshi41@gmail.com
Please answer me if possible to my email address, sir.
Thanks again.

Regards,
Rushikesh Joshi

Chand44

Mar 20, 2016
Hi Rushikesh,

Even I am in the same boat. I have around 6 years of gap, however, i was working the whole time. I have applied for a few Ontario colleges for PG Diploma courses. But my main worry is the visa acceptance, as couple of visa consultants warned me that it is a high risk to apply for a student visa with more than 5 years of study gap. It would be great if you can let me know your further progress.

Thanks,
Chand.

rishi_canada said:
Hi! Rihan!
I read your reply that your visa got approved eventhought you had applied with six years gap.
Can you do me a favour please, because i am also having the same gap of 5 years.
I completed my graduation in March'2011 and since then i have been doing chartered Accountancy of India.
I started my articleship training under a qualified C.A. in February'2014 and my articleship training will end in Jan'2017.
So my question to you is "will my visa be accepted if i apply with five years of gap since i completed my graduation i.e. in 2011?
I am afraid because two student visa consultants said that my visa acceptance possibility is less because of this gap of 5 years.
Please I need your help sir. Thank you in advance.
My email id is-- rishijoshi41@gmail.com
Please answer me if possible to my email address, sir.
Thanks again.

Regards,
Rushikesh Joshi

Baindoor

Nov 11, 2016
Hi Chand,

My case is exactly same as you. I have done B.E and have 6 years of experience, now planning for 1 year pg diploma in Canada. Many consultancies told me that chances are less for pg diploma and asked me to apply MS or pg diploma in Universities instead of colleges. I think you have more knowledge than me as its been few months you posted this answer. Could you please suggest, is it good to apply of pg diploma course in colleges as chances of visa getting rejected is high. I am not finding much courses in PG diploma in universities.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Krish

Chand44 said:
Hi Rushikesh,

Even I am in the same boat. I have around 6 years of gap, however, i was working the whole time. I have applied for a few Ontario colleges for PG Diploma courses. But my main worry is the visa acceptance, as couple of visa consultants warned me that it is a high risk to apply for a student visa with more than 5 years of study gap. It would be great if you can let me know your further progress.

Thanks,
Chand.

ANU213

Feb 12, 2017
Friends Could you please share your views regarding Student visa after 6 Year work experience?

My Career profile

Course & College - PG Dip in International Fashion Management (1 year) @ George brown college ,toronto ,canada

Education Profile
10th 2006 80%
12th 2008 63%
Degree 2011 April 73 % (Bachelor Fashion Technology ,3 Years)
IELTS - 6.5 (L 7.5 ,S 6 ,W,6,R 6.5)

Experience Profile
2011 - 2012 - Junior Apparel Merchandiser
2012 - 2014 - Apparel Merchandiser
2014 - present - Apparel brand consultant

done some volunteering works(Have certificates ) for non -profit textile & handicrafts societies and also have the portfolio regarding the freelance works done.

Finance details
Total course fee - 15,000CD
planning to pay 1 sem fee of 7500 CD + 10500 CD for GIC Account(Living expense)

Family living in own property,,property and land documents are in mother's name.
Father is doing business(Contractor) around 30 - 40 Lacs yearly turnover through his bank account (Have the Form 16 TDS Certificates).

Came to Know that its hard to get Study permit in canada due to my previous study gap,,My Consultant told me we can file it 50-50 chance,Could you please your views in my case.looking forward

Regards

AdityaRaol

Aug 31, 2015
Yamini Patel said:
Dear Sir, Ma'm,

Right now I am in very confuse and tension about to get a student visa for Canada.
I completed B.E. Of I.T. In 2010, after that one and half I started to do the job in near my city. In between, I got rejected for 2 times US student visa, after I gave ielts with 5.5 and applied for non-spp student visa for Canada, and my bad luck again I got rejected student visa for Canada.
After three times rejection (2 times US and one time Canada), i started job in December 2011 and till this date i am doing the job.
My job status is also confusing, I guess.
I complete software in and my job status is an Online Marketing (SEO), social media marketer as well as key account manager for e-commerce site.
So, I am also in confuse that, this may be effective to get a visa.
Can you please suggest me, may I get a student visa for Canada or other country?
Please advise me ASAP.

Regards,
Yamini
SEO and social media marketer also come under IT or computer science. So its a relevant to your field. Secondly, why you applying for study visa ?? If you have 6 years of relevant work experience than go for Direct PR. Demand for IT skilled workers is high in Canada. So, chances for getting PR is high. And still if you interested in Student Visa than provide the work experience certificate in visa file. Make a strong sop, you will definitely get the visa if you justify everything in sop clearly.

love1729

Jan 31, 2017
YOU WILL GET VISA.MY APPROVED .SAME CASE.

ANU213 said:
Friends Could you please share your views regarding Student visa after 6 Year work experience?

My Career profile

Course & College - PG Dip in International Fashion Management (1 year) @ George brown college ,toronto ,canada

Education Profile
10th 2006 80%
12th 2008 63%

Experience Profile

done some volunteering works(Have certificates ) for non -profit textile & handicrafts societies and also have the portfolio regarding the freelance works done.

Finance details

Family living in own property,,property and land documents are in mother's name.
Father is doing business(Contractor) around 30 - 40 Lacs yearly turnover through his bank account (Have the Form 16 TDS Certificates).

Came to Know that its hard to get Study permit in canada due to my previous study gap,,My Consultant told me we can file it 50-50 chance,Could you please your views in my case.looking forward

Regards

love1729

Jan 31, 2017
ANU213 said:

My Career profile

Education Profile
10th 2006 80%
12th 2008 63%

Experience Profile

Finance details

Regards

Hi dear,

i was also worried regarding visa.but ihave got visa after 5 yr of study gap,but working ...my visa approved on 24th jan. I will try my best to guide to guys. go ahead and for any opinion can revert.