+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

49 months since applying citizenship to St Clair Office

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Unless your MP is in the opposition you often get a generic response that CIC are dealing with the application (they are not really as its just gathering dust). An MP within the current 'ruling' Feds is unlikely to push this any further unless they are in a marginal seat and they are sweating on an impending by election. However you have nothing to lose and hey your MP may just decide to see that service delayed is service denied.

2. The most important outcome of your ATIP report is it enables you to see if you are in the 'background check loop' - CIC run 3 checks , FOSS, RCMP, CSIS. These checks have different validity dates. If you are not scheduled for a test when one check expires then it has to be re-run and hey guess what by the time its re-run one or more of the other checks are expired and its Groundhog Day all over. This seems to mostly impact on applicants with complex CSIS checks.

3. The only seemingly effective solution for delayed cases beyond the 36month non routine timeline is WOM (especially if you did have 1095 days and your RQ docs are solid). The alternative is if your prior application had grounds for RQ issuance such as you not having 1095 days and you now do...it may be better to re-apply even if you are RQd again. The GTA has pre-test RQd applicants who mailed their application to Sidney in May 2013 and they are done their oath in the 3rd week of June 2014!!

janoo

May 16, 2014
Any reason for such delays ? did you contact your local mp...
and send letter to your local office and request for atip report as well,
time also come to look for some legal help.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
I applied in December 2011 and took the test on in June 2014. Still waiting for any other correspondence. I have no faith in the system. I cannot understand how people who applied last year and were RQ'ed are being processed ahead of people who had applied long ago. There doesn't seem to be any "rationale" for how the system is run and certainly doesn't appear to be run fairly.

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
mandamus will be a very useful and effective tool. I waited for my citizenship for 32 months, then went to the lawyer. within two weeks lawyer dropped my file to federal court, my citizenship was approved. I took oath 3 weeks after that. total time from me contacting lawyer to oath was less than 5 weeks. of course, it costs some money, but it is well worth it.

sub2003

Jul 18, 2014
ZYXWVU98 said:
mandamus will be a very useful and effective tool. I waited for my citizenship for 32 months, then went to the lawyer. within two weeks lawyer dropped my file to federal court, my citizenship was approved. I took oath 3 weeks after that. total time from me contacting lawyer to oath was less than 5 weeks. of course, it costs some money, but it is well worth it.
Can you please share the contact details of your lawyer and how much does he charge for it. I have just missed my test date which i got after 2 years of my application date. I mailed cic and told them that I cant come back to canada before test date b/c my pr card has expired and I have applied for travel document which I couldnt get before test date. I called cic couple of days ago and they told me that this reason is not acceptable( ecase updated). I have sent more details and proofs of my efforts to get travel document with the hope that they accept it as a valid reason but just in case if they wont accept my reason to reschedule the test. Cic will ask me to reapply again and if that happens I want to be ready before hand to take the help of a lawyer. If anyone can help me in this matter ,,, Please give your suggestions

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sub2003 said:
Can you please share the contact details of your lawyer and how much does he charge for it. I have just missed my test date which i got after 2 years of my application date. I mailed cic and told them that I cant come back to canada before test date b/c my pr card has expired and I have applied for travel document which I couldnt get before test date. I called cic couple of days ago and they told me that this reason is not acceptable( ecase updated). I have sent more details and proofs of my efforts to get travel document with the hope that they accept it as a valid reason but just in case if they wont accept my reason to reschedule the test. Cic will ask me to reapply again and if that happens I want to be ready before hand to take the help of a lawyer. If anyone can help me in this matter ,,, Please give your suggestions
Are you in violation of your PR residency obligation? i.e. Have you been outside of Canada more than 3 years total in the last 5 years (assuming you are not working for the armed forces and you're not living with a Canadian citizen abroad?)

sub2003

Jul 18, 2014
eileenf said:
Are you in violation of your PR residency obligation? i.e. Have you been outside of Canada more than 3 years total in the last 5 years (assuming you are not working for the armed forces and you're not living with a Canadian citizen abroad?)
960 days of physical prsence for pr card renewal which is already renewed end of june and available for pick up. I wrote another mail to cic with the proof of my application submission for PRTD and urgent email requests for the issuance of PRTD before my test dates. Hope cic will accept this time.
Plz let me know if you guys have noticed the application closure after missing Test. Although my reason is very very acceptable but still bit concerned ....
Just help me if any of you have any idea about it

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After 48 Month (RQ submitted in 2011) One of my friend got letter that oth will be on 11 August.