+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

48th Draw * Score Prediction*

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
That makes sense, however they won't hold me accountable for mis-representing something if i go in and change my profile at the last minute will they. That I declare everything page at the end is quite daunting.

sheeda

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 April 2015
Doc's Request.
Police Certificate
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
18 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
2 July 2015
According to last year stats, almost 40% ITA were issued to applicants with LMIA Job Offers. With new rules, all these applicants with job offers will lose minimum of 400 points. Accordingly, I strongly believe that points in next draw will drop.

Hopefully it would be around 460.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Aspiring Canadian said:
That makes sense, however they won't hold me accountable for mis-representing something if i go in and change my profile at the last minute will they. That I declare everything page at the end is quite daunting.
No, you can change it 100s of times. I know I have. Just when you get your ita you have to explain any changes made after that. Create the profile now as carefully as you can, register with job bank, and go back any double check stuff.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Ok, I hope I dont come off as annoying with my constant barrage of questions, but if I change things around before tomorrow night after registering for the job bank, do you think the profile will have enough time to process those changes before the cut off on Wednesday?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Aspiring Canadian said:
Ok, I hope I dont come off as annoying with my constant barrage of questions, but if I change things around before tomorrow night after registering for the job bank, do you think the profile will have enough time to process those changes before the cut off on Wednesday?
We don't know if the draw will be on Wednesday, but it is likely. If you change it tomorrow night it should be enough time. Even so, if you aren't sure and your score is above, say, 460, you are very likely to be selected in the next 5 draws (2 months at most).

You're not annoying, I promise.

viveksegu

Star Member
Aug 31, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2016
AOR Received.
01-February-2017
Med's Done....
02-March-2017
kryt0n said:
Even so, if you aren't sure and your score is above, say, 460, you are very likely to be selected in the next 5 draws (2 months at most).
I hope you are right about this.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Thank You kryt0n, I really appreciate all your help. Here are the questions I have so far while creating my profile. All members please feel free to comment based on your past experience.

1)Has Aspiring Canadian applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?: I answered yes for this and put my UCI number from all my previous work/study permits, I think that's the most logical thing to do right?

2) How much money in Canadian dollars will you have, I am applying through CEC so theoretically I can put $0 too, but I put $1000. I just felt uncomfortable putting 0.

3) Education History: I went to university here in Canada for four years, I just put that, i didn't think it was relevant to mention my high school education back home, let me know if I should have put it. (I am scared of accidentally misrepresenting or leaving out details if you guys haven't guessed by now).

4) Work History(this is the one that got to me and messed with my head the most):

So just a bit of background, I started off with my company in January 2014, I worked there part time off campus while also in my last year of university, do I need to state that work experience, since I know that work done while studying does not count, however this job won't count anyways since it was NOC level C. I graduated in June 2014 and continued to work at that same NOC level C job, it had fluctuating hours because it was still part time, what in the world should I put for hours per week?

Right now the way I've structured it is that I put my start date as January 2014 and put the hours per week as 15 because that is what my company guarantees for all employees in that role, the hours go up and down depending on availability and need, I am sure I had close to 37 hours per week after I graduated. I worked at that role from January 2014 to February 2015.

I got promoted to a NOC level B role within the same company full time and work there till date. So I started a new row in the work experience section and put Feb 2015 till date 37.50 hours.

I am most confused about how I should state the part time work that I did, since I'm not even sure about the number of hours I worked. Please let me know if this post makes any sense at all so I can submit my profile and sleep lol. I have been losing a lot of sleep over this if you cannot already tell.

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
460s.. ;D almost 100% sure..
coz a lot of people with job offers will lose points between 400-550...and most of them only have human capital points between 300-400....so it means 30-40% (approximately in any draw) people will lose there chances to get selected who suppose to be get selected only because of job offer as per previous raking system..

so this gap of 30-40% will covered by Canadian students with 15-30 extra points and very good human capital points (around 400-430), and candidates with good human capital points (like young guns with good ielts score and education)...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Aspiring Canadian said:
Thank You kryt0n, I really appreciate all your help. Here are the questions I have so far while creating my profile. All members please feel free to comment based on your past experience.

1)Has Aspiring Canadian applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?: I answered yes for this and put my UCI number from all my previous work/study permits, I think that's the most logical thing to do right?

2) How much money in Canadian dollars will you have, I am applying through CEC so theoretically I can put $0 too, but I put $1000. I just felt uncomfortable putting 0.

3) Education History: I went to university here in Canada for four years, I just put that, i didn't think it was relevant to mention my high school education back home, let me know if I should have put it. (I am scared of accidentally misrepresenting or leaving out details if you guys haven't guessed by now).

4) Work History(this is the one that got to me and messed with my head the most):

So just a bit of background, I started off with my company in January 2014, I worked there part time off campus while also in my last year of university, do I need to state that work experience, since I know that work done while studying does not count, however this job won't count anyways since it was NOC level C. I graduated in June 2014 and continued to work at that same NOC level C job, it had fluctuating hours because it was still part time, what in the world should I put for hours per week?

Right now the way I've structured it is that I put my start date as January 2014 and put the hours per week as 15 because that is what my company guarantees for all employees in that role, the hours go up and down depending on availability and need, I am sure I had close to 37 hours per week after I graduated. I worked at that role from January 2014 to February 2015.

I got promoted to a NOC level B role within the same company full time and work there till date. So I started a new row in the work experience section and put Feb 2015 till date 37.50 hours.

I am most confused about how I should state the part time work that I did, since I'm not even sure about the number of hours I worked. Please let me know if this post makes any sense at all so I can submit my profile and sleep lol. I have been losing a lot of sleep over this if you cannot already tell.
1) 100% correct
2) 100% correct
3) 100% correct. Only highest education needed here. There don't care what you did pre 18
4) you only need to include here the work history you can prove and that gets you points. Don't out down work that will be hard to prove, doesn't get you points or while you were studying. Post ITA there's a history section to include all other jobs (no proof needed). I have had 7 jobs at least in 10 years but there's only 2 in my application, as they are the only two I can prove 100% and get me points.

Relax dude, you're doing fine!!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheeda said:
According to last year stats, almost 40% ITA were issued to applicants with LMIA Job Offers. With new rules, all these applicants with job offers will lose minimum of 400 points. Accordingly, I strongly believe that points in next draw will drop.

Hopefully it would be around 460.
thats a very misleading stat... 40% of ITAs on average were LMIA... this was during the pre 1000 candidates per draw days... if i translate them to numbers (assuming the 40% figure is accurate) it is about 320-400 applicants (if you see between 800-1000 applicants per draw) only... i dont think when the draw was 2500 candidates (which seems to be the case now), 40% of those were LMIA (meaning 1000 LMIA which seems a bit absurd for a single draw)

Skyler68

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
01-08-2017
Passport Req..
09-11-2017
I see it going up to 480