+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

48th Draw - 786 CRS - 559 ITAs

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #48 – November 30, 2016

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (November 30, 2016).

Ottawa, November 30, 2016

JOHN MCCALLUM
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (NOVEMBER 30, 2016)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on November 30, 2016 and ending on December 1, 2016 is:

in the case of foreign nationals who are members of the provincial nominee class referred to in paragraph 2(d) of the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, 559; and
in any other case, zero.
Determination – required rank

(2) The foreign national referred to in subsection 1 and who, on November 30, 2016 at 14:58:44 UTC, have been assigned a total of 786 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System, as set out in the Ministerial Instructions referred to in paragraph (1)(a), occupies the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
PNP only, eh? Pretty sure none of us predicted this...very interesting. ;D.

On the plus side, all PNP cases in the pool are now cleared. This means the cut off scores should drop considerably.

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
ashu1710 said:
PNP only, eh? Pretty sure none of us predicted this...very interesting. ;D.

On the plus side, all PNP cases in the pool are now cleared. This means the cut off scores should drop considerably.
What's funny is I was actually coming here to post that I'm surprised they aren't doing this exact thing - if CIC recognizes they are having technical issues, it doesn't make sense to have a normal-sized draw as it will allow unintendedly low-scoring candidates to get in, but a draw with a high cutoff makes a lot of sense as it helps prevent the backlog from building as much while not letting in low-scoring people.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My CRS is 478 so I thought I missed by 8 points then I looked at it again I am like WTF, CIC kind of kicked in the gut to be honest. Now We don't even know there will be a regular draw next week or not and waiting two more week just to see similar draw would probably kill me

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
I posted this on another thread but I'll post it here again for you:

I wouldn't think too much about the high CRS score and low number of invitations. This draw is a PNP specific draw, with the new changes in affect there is absolutely no way for anyone but PNP applicants to have a score of 786 or higher (ignoring the very very small minority with NOC 00XX job offers and core CRS of 586 or more). They could've just did the regular announcement and said that the CRS score is 786, but instead they flat out mentioned that it's specifically for PNP applicants. This is to eliminate people from complaining about their scores not updating in time for the draw.

This is actually the best thing that could happen... given the circumstances.

There was no way for them to do a regular draw with all the technical difficulties they were having, so it's either this or wait a week or two while more people get their provincial nominations. This way they clear some of the high score individuals and not be stuck with a giant number of invitation at the next draw.

simplynd2804 said:
My CRS is 478 so I thought I missed by 8 points then I looked at it again I am like WTF, CIC kind of kicked in the gut to be honest. Now We don't even know there will be a regular draw next week or not and waiting two more week just to see similar draw would probably kill me

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:
I posted this on another thread but I'll post it here again for you:

I wouldn't think too much about the high CRS score and low number of invitations. This draw is a PNP specific draw, with the new changes in affect there is absolutely no way for anyone but PNP applicants to have a score of 786 or higher (ignoring the very very small minority with NOC 00XX job offers and core CRS of 568 or more). They could've just did the regular announcement and said that the CRS score is 786, but instead they flat out mentioned that it's specifically for PNP applicants. This is to eliminate people from complaining about their scores not updating in time for the draw.

This is actually the best thing that could happen... given the circumstances.

There was no way for them to do a regular draw with all the technical difficulties they were having, so it's either this or wait a week or two while more people get their provincial nominations. This way they clear some of the high score individuals and not be stuck with a giant number of invitation at the next draw.
Your point is pretty good but having this draw today means there is less chance of having draw on 7th so adding more frustration to painful wait game.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
simplynd2804 said:
Your point is pretty good but having this draw today means there is less chance of having draw on 7th so adding more frustration to painful wait game.
My prediction would be to keep an eye out on the mycic login page we should get get a regular draw the Wednesday after the notice is gone:

Note: Some users of Express Entry are experiencing technical difficulties. We are looking into the matter and thank you for your patience.