+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

481 CRS, yet not selected in OINP Tech Draw?

dedman

May 28, 2019
Hi everyone.

I saw that recently there was OINP draw in Human Capital Priorities stream targeting my NOC code (2173).
My CRS score is 481, yet I see that people with lower CRS scores were invited?

That does not make sense to me. What am I missing?

Aug 5, 2021
Actually there are many people with high scores did not recieve an invite. I think it could be the fact that it was a PNP draw, so, score is not the only factor that would have be looked up.

dedman

May 28, 2019
That's what I want to understand, what are they looking for?

Seems like this was part of Human Capital Priorities Stream, so no job offer was required.
The job NOC codes match mine.

Aug 5, 2021
That would be a million dollar question when it comes to PNP.

But from my knowledge, beyond NOC code, they would have analysed the roles and responsibilities carried out by those people and the duration of waiting period in the pool.

kArun1

Apr 15, 2021
Usually someone with your score would ignore the invite since you will get an invite directly anyways...usually, under normal circumstances. So it makes sense from their perspective to invite decent candidates but also those who are more likely to accept their invite so they've gone for candidates about 10-20 points lower than the last cut off.

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019
Actually there are many people with high scores did not recieve an invite. I think it could be the fact that it was a PNP draw, so, score is not the only factor that would have be looked up.
It is possible they are preferring people with active in Canada jobs even though it is not a requirement for Tech draws.

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hi everyone.

I saw that recently there was OINP draw in Human Capital Priorities stream targeting my NOC code (2173).
My CRS score is 481, yet I see that people with lower CRS scores were invited?

That does not make sense to me. What am I missing?
You have to be in the range of draw. In last draw candidates were invited based on crs range of 455-467. Your crs is above the target range.