Feb 24, 2012
karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

looking some advice for my relative,

47 years old man, having experience in construction field more than 20 years ,

well established company , have family and all , strong in finance,

looking to pursue some education (certificate or diploma ) in civil engineering to give a boost to his professional career.

any suggestions or ideas .

janab

Feb 24, 2012
karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He is Graduate in 1992 but the percentage is not really that good around 50+

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
janab said:
Hi Guys,

looking some advice for my relative,

47 years old man, having experience in construction field more than 20 years ,

well established company , have family and all , strong in finance,

looking to pursue some education (certificate or diploma ) in civil engineering to give a boost to his professional career.

any suggestions or ideas .
1. I don't understand after 20+ years of experience what else he wants to learn from studies because everything that is required for a job, he got it. He requires special industrial short term courses that are offered by training institutions.

2. It looks his aim is to enter Canada so he should apply for immigration, but due to his age I fear he won't be preffered. Canada prefers young blood although he will get maximum score for the age group (21-49) but it takes around 2 years for immigration case to decide, he better hurry up.

sak78

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Dear Inam,

Yes, his aim is to get in to canada, you are right.

in which category he can apply for immigration,

kindly provide me the link plz,

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
sak78 said:
Dear Inam,

Yes, his aim is to get in to canada, you are right.

in which category he can apply for immigration,

kindly provide me the link plz,
He would apply under Skilled workers and professionals
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

Lize

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
exactly , LOOK this case, it looks so suspicious. since I start reading I could not help to think that his goal is to inmigrate. why he wants to go to canada to study at this age?

This is why study permits are difficult to get. Do not apply is almost virtually impossible to him to get that permit .

IF he wants to settle there , the best way to do it is to apply directly to some skilled woeker program. If he has the language abilities, money to support himself, work expirience , education , he will get it.

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
the basic reason behind acquiring foreign education is to make career batter and earn good money on the basis of high quality education....while in this case the concerned person is 47 and have earned at optimum level already...i see no valid point that he should acquire more education from canada ::) ::)

sak78

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
stmani said:
the basic reason behind acquiring foreign education is to make career batter and earn good money on the basis of high quality education....while in this case the concerned person is 47 and have earned at optimum level already...i see no valid point that he should acquire more education from canada ::) ::)
although he had experience in his field , but if he completes his education in required field he will be eligible for immigration
just asking from you guys,

if he shows his duel intention that after completion he will qualify for immigration.

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
then he should apply immigration on the basis of graduation and experience....i still dont get that he's got money, he's got experience, he's got degree in civil, he's got career...if he wish he can apply immigration as well...what does he need study permit for??

sak78

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
let me clear one thing,

he is graduate but not in his field, he got 2 years bachelor degree in Arts, in 1992,

and he is running his construction company ,

degree is not related what exactly he is doing, and second thing for immigration it will take couple of years for sure or more than .

sak78

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
honestly speaking because of the situation in country

he wants to make a quick move ,

can he apply immigration while he is studying in canada.

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
the situations in country wouldnt satisfy visa officer to grant visa...as with other requirments to be fulfilled he would need to demonstrate that he will definitely come back.....and he doesnt seem to be

also visa officer see if the student is geniune in nature while concerned person had studied 2 years at graduate level years back and then ran a contruction company all his life....do u think he can proved to be geniune!!

sak78

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
why not,

forget about the graduation , if he secure the admission as a mature student on behalf of his work experience
and shows his intention is only learn new and modern technique to run his company in better way
he is leaving behind his family and his company

dont you think is this the strong point

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
the matter of fact that he wont get admission in good university on the basis of experience.....he would need 16 years of education + ielts + other requirements...

he may secure a place in an ordinary private college but thats totally a waste of money....he wont get visa!!