+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

43y electrical Engineer Ontario, Is that possible to ONIP?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Thanks, a lot!
I am worrying about it right now that they don't want to fill out those forms.
I have to change my position. But who would hire me if they know my very first target is to get PR, not work as a Professional Engineer?
‍, what a shame of the immigration system.
It's not a shame of the immigration system - Canada is the most generous country in the world right now. Tell me one other country that generously accepts 500,000 new people per year?

The shame is on your employer, and most employers quite frankly know that you want PR, and the benefit for them is they get to keep you for a while for less than what you're worth.

Reactions: BryanZ

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022
It's not a shame of the immigration system - Canada is the most generous country in the world right now. Tell me one other country that generously accepts 500,000 new people per year?

The shame is on your employer, and most employers quite frankly know that you want PR, and the benefit for them is they get to keep you for a while for less than what you're worth.
Yes, you're talking the truth!
I think it's better to do my right now job perfectly and then I might have a chance to talk with HR.

Anyway, thanks for your comments. Really helpful.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Yes, you're talking the truth!
I think it's better to do my right now job perfectly and then I might have a chance to talk with HR.

Anyway, thanks for your comments. Really helpful.
So just a key tip: don't stay stuff like "chances" and "might" have a talk to HR. That doesn't mean anything and it sounds weak. You cannot be weak in Canada.

Instead, just do it. Like, right now. If they don't want to support you, you need to leave immediately and find an employer who will support you, simple as that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks, a lot!
I am worrying about it right now that they don't want to fill out those forms.
I have to change my position. But who would hire me if they know my very first target is to get PR, not work as a Professional Engineer?
‍, what a shame of the immigration system.
There are Canadian immigration programs that do not require your employer to complete the employer form. This specific Ontario program requires your employer's involvement. If your employer will support you, then you are good.

If not, then you will need to qualify under one of the programs (e.g. Express Entry FSW, Express Entry CEC, etc.) that does not require the employer form.