+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

43y electrical Engineer Ontario, Is that possible to ONIP?

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022
I think I was stuck here right now. With on ideas to get PR Canada.

How could I get the ONIP, I am an Electrical Engineer here. Have a matching Electrical Designer Job(Permanent).

But it same no way for me to get PR. EE score is now ridiculously high. PNP? ONIP?

I am so confused now.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I think I was stuck here right now. With on ideas to get PR Canada.

How could I get the ONIP, I am an Electrical Engineer here. Have a matching Electrical Designer Job(Permanent).

But it same no way for me to get PR. EE score is now ridiculously high. PNP? ONIP?

I am so confused now.
You need a job.

Reactions: BryanZ

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks, I have a job, also an Electrical Design Engineer. It's matching job role with my previous 20 years of experience.
Is your employer in Ontario willing to complete the employer forms? Have you had that discussion with your employer yet?

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022
Is your employer in Ontario willing to complete the employer forms? Have you had that discussion with your employer yet?
Not yet, I am considering talking with HR.
Do you mean I could try the
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream?

Is that kind of program my employer need to pay a lot of money for my application(normally)? Or is it like a kind of guarantee?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not yet, I am considering talking with HR.
Do you mean I could try the
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream?

Is that kind of program my employer need to pay a lot of money for my application(normally)? Or is it like a kind of guarantee?
Yes, that's the stream I'm referring to.

Your employer doesn't need to pay money but they MUST be willing to complete all of the forms and provide all of the documentation requested. This is mandatory for your application to be approved. Some companies are willing to go through this process and others (typically larger companies) are not. You need to talk to HR to find out if your employer is willing to do it or not.

I don't know what you mean by "a kind of guarantee".

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022

Your employer doesn't need to pay money but they MUST be willing to complete all of the forms and provide all of the documentation requested. This is mandatory for your application to be approved. Some companies are willing to go through this process and others (typically larger companies) are not. You need to talk to HR to find out if your employer is willing to do it or not.

“guarantee” I mean like the employer gives the government a kind of promise for the person. Kind of could be trust or something.

Right now I got the point. Thanks a lot!!

The key point might be whether my employer would love to help me. Some small companies are owned by a person (boss), if he/she wants to give me a hand, it would be helpful. But in a big company that same different.

It sounds like a tough way to talk with HR. Do you have some suggestions like some talking skills that could be useful?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
“guarantee” I mean like the employer gives the government a kind of promise for the person. Kind of could be trust or something.

Right now I got the point. Thanks a lot!!

The key point might be whether my employer would love to help me. Some small companies are owned by a person (boss), if he/she wants to give me a hand, it would be helpful. But in a big company that same different.

It sounds like a tough way to talk with HR. Do you have some suggestions like some talking skills that could be useful?
No, there's no such guarantee.

In terms of talking to HR, be as direct as possible. As them directly if the company will complete the employer forms and provide the other paperwork. Give them with the employer form and the list of other documents required so that they know exactly what you're asking for. The more direct the better. You work for a government organization by the looks of it so the answer should be a clear either yes or no - either their HR policies will allow this or they won't. The more direct you can be with your question the faster you'll find out if it's possible or not.

Canada's big banks, for example, will not complete the paperwork. It doesn't matter how someone asks. It's against their HR policies so they won't do it.

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022

I work for a middle size Mechanical and Electrical Consulting company in Toronto. About 40-50 employees here. Actually, I should deeply thank them for their hiring me. I am just an Open Work Permit Holder.

Last edited:

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022

In terms of talking to HR, be as direct as possible. As them directly if the company will complete the employer forms and provide the other paperwork. Give them with the employer form and the list of other documents required so that they know exactly what you're asking for. The more direct the better. You work for a government organization by the looks of it so the answer should be a clear either yes or no - either their HR policies will allow this or they won't. The more direct you can be with your question the faster you'll find out if it's possible or not.

Canada's big banks, for example, will not complete the paperwork. It doesn't matter how someone asks. It's against their HR policies so they won't do it.
Thanks!
Thanks a lot, for your advice.

God bless you!

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022

Hi, Scylla.
May I ask one more question?

I found there is only one Form (Employer Job Offer Streams Employer Form)for the employer. Is this the right Form I should ask for HR's help to finish?
https://forms.mgcs.gov.on.ca/en/dataset/009-0233

If there isn't any agency representing the case, should the company HR fill in the very first 3 options and be chosen No?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, Scylla.
May I ask one more question?

I found there is only one Form (Employer Job Offer Streams Employer Form)for the employer. Is this the right Form I should ask for HR's help to finish?
https://forms.mgcs.gov.on.ca/en/dataset/009-0233

If there isn't any agency representing the case, should the company HR fill in the very first 3 options and be chosen No?
This is the link you should share with your employer. There are two documents they need to provide - however they may be asked to provide more documents later. They must be willing to provide the first two and anything else requested later.

https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/employer-job-offer-streams-employer-checklist

I can't help you with any questions to the answers on the form.

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022
This is the link you should share with your employer. There are two documents they need to provide - however they may be asked to provide more documents later. They must be willing to provide the first two and anything else requested later.

https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/employer-job-offer-streams-employer-checklist

I can't help you with any questions to the answers on the form.
Yes, understood.
It's so kind of you, thanks, thanks again:)

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Listen bud, in immigration there are never any guarantees, trust or promises. There is 1) hard work, and 2) filling out forms correctly. That's it. Everything is done to the letter of the law on paper. If your employer doesn't want to fill out the forms, you're fucked.

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022
Listen bud, in immigration there are never any guarantees, trust or promises. There is 1) hard work, and 2) filling out forms correctly. That's it. Everything is done to the letter of the law on paper. If your employer doesn't want to fill out the forms, you're fucked.
Thanks, a lot!
I am worrying about it right now that they don't want to fill out those forms.
I have to change my position. But who would hire me if they know my very first target is to get PR, not work as a Professional Engineer?
‍, what a shame of the immigration system.