+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

419 score... getting an ITA is nothing short of a miracle!

Jul 16, 2015
My score is 419 and to be honest, I am starting to loose hope about getting an ITA.

I have been doing the math, 13 draws so far, a total of 16,025 invitations have been sent. The required score dropped to a minimum of 451 only once, yet, every 3 weeks or so, there are around 1500 new applications in the 460 + region.

The problem is that the bulk of the applications remains in the untouched region of (i.e. less than 451), so it makes sense to assume that there are at least 20,000 applications in the range of 420 to 450...

Add to those 20K applications, new daily applications in the range higher than 450... this makes it almost impossible to get an ITA unless the CIC ups its invitations to more than 10000 per month (which will never happen before 2017 ; that is until the old system applications are completely processed.

Does any of you have any reason to think otherwise?
Please share your thoughts... tell me that I am some how wrong.

JohnsonBthe1

Mar 19, 2015
Instead of over analyzing the possibilities, have you tried everything you can to improve your score?

It doesn't hurt to speculate what the CIC will do in the next draws, but I think there's always something you can do if you want to increase your score. Stay strong and never lose hope

Jun 5, 2015
I am at 407 and I am still hopeful. I have applied for a provincial nomination as there is no other way to improve my score. Remain hopeful...You never know what tide could shift in your favour.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are freaking out, calm down. I understand your concern, but you gotta continue to be patient. 13 draws, but still half the year to go and there could be a total of 25 draws. Backlog for CEC applications should be done in November of this year, so higher number of ITAs might be sent then, just like it's happening right now in July, because all these invites count towards next years goals now. Also remember that out of the 16025 ITAs, there's a big chance that a lot of them were denied for misrepresentation, or the applicant could have rejected ITA for whatever reason.

I am currently at 422, I've been living in Canada for 4 years now and my work permit expires in a year's time. I am doing EVERYTHING I can in order to improve my numbers before my PGWP expires. I'll be at a total of 447 in September after completing 2 years full-time Canadian work experience (started my current job Sept 2013). I'm currently seeking new employment in order to try and get a provincial nomination here in Ontario, and I am finishing a four year degree that I had put on hold to get more point for having 2 or more degrees. All in all I could get a total of 477 if I work hard by next April. Maybe there's ways that you could also improve your score.

You could wait patiently and see what happens, you never know. In the meantime just find ways to improve your score, set a plant to achieve them, and get to work, best of luck to you.

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
if you have relatives or friends in Ontario you can try to wait for the provincial nominee program. minimum score is 400, unfortunately im not sure how many offers they send out for that. but for the most part... if you're in aiming for fswp and you've ticked ontario there's still a chance!

Jul 16, 2015
quietlyhopeful said:
I am at 407 and I am still hopeful. I have applied for a provincial nomination as there is no other way to improve my score. Remain hopeful...You never know what tide could shift in your favour.
Thank you for the moral support. Goodluck to you too

Jul 16, 2015
JohnsonBthe1 said:
Instead of over analyzing the possibilities, have you tried everything you can to improve your score?

It doesn't hurt to speculate what the CIC will do in the next draws, but I think there's always something you can do if you want to increase your score. Stay strong and never lose hope
My english is CLB 9 (not much room to improve), and I have a Bachelors degree of Engineering (doing a masters degree isn't an option within a realistic timeline). So I can either find a job (I guess its hard to find a job while you reside in Canada, I find it almost impossible to find one while staying abroad), or get a PNP ( I have no relatives in Canada, what are my options)?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
get_me_out_of_here said:
My english is CLB 9 (not much room to improve), and I have a Bachelors degree of Engineering (doing a masters degree isn't an option within a realistic timeline). So I can either find a job (I guess its hard to find a job while you reside in Canada, I find it almost impossible to find one while staying abroad), or get a PNP ( I have no relatives in Canada, what are my options)?
Having relatives adds some points to your profile but it isn't mandatory to get through PNPs. Have you tried applying to OOPNP, MPNP, NSPNP, SINP, BCPNP, PEI among others?

Jul 16, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Having relatives adds some points to your profile but it isn't mandatory to get through PNPs. Have you tried applying to OOPNP, MPNP, NSPNP, SINP, BCPNP, PEI among others?
I have not yet. I was initially under the impression that provincial authoroties are the ones who seek and nominate candidates (at least I know that is how its done in Ontario; that is OOPNP i guess). Reading through this forum and also your question makes me think otherwise.

Are there any PNP programs that we can proactively seek? are all the programs above open for anyone to apply? even OOPNP. I feel like I have misunderstood something here.

Jul 16, 2015
GARJ said:
You are freaking out, calm down. I understand your concern, but you gotta continue to be patient. 13 draws, but still half the year to go and there could be a total of 25 draws. Backlog for CEC applications should be done in November of this year, so higher number of ITAs might be sent then, just like it's happening right now in July, because all these invites count towards next years goals now. Also remember that out of the 16025 ITAs, there's a big chance that a lot of them were denied for misrepresentation, or the applicant could have rejected ITA for whatever reason.

I am currently at 422, I've been living in Canada for 4 years now and my work permit expires in a year's time. I am doing EVERYTHING I can in order to improve my numbers before my PGWP expires. I'll be at a total of 447 in September after completing 2 years full-time Canadian work experience (started my current job Sept 2013). I'm currently seeking new employment in order to try and get a provincial nomination here in Ontario, and I am finishing a four year degree that I had put on hold to get more point for having 2 or more degrees. All in all I could get a total of 477 if I work hard by next April. Maybe there's ways that you could also improve your score.

You could wait patiently and see what happens, you never know. In the meantime just find ways to improve your score, set a plant to achieve them, and get to work, best of luck to you.
Thanks for sharing your story and thoughts, you have given me some hope :). I agree, i guess i freaked out a bit after doing the math and realizing that things weren't going to be easy.

Goodluck to you too

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
get_me_out_of_here said:
I have not yet. I was initially under the impression that provincial authoroties are the ones who seek and nominate candidates (at least I know that is how its done in Ontario; that is OOPNP i guess). Reading through this forum and also your question makes me think otherwise.

Are there any PNP programs that we can proactively seek? are all the programs above open for anyone to apply? even OOPNP. I feel like I have misunderstood something here.
OOPNP was the only one which nominated applicants and you had to meet a series of conditions to be eligible for that program. The other programs had their own conditions (including some who wanted you to have job offers in that province) but one had to apply to them specifically. Unfortunately, the programs appear to be winding down now for the year but read through the forums to see if it is worth applying to some of those at least.

All the best!

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
get_me_out_of_here said:

Only for OOPNP you need an invitation from the province to apply for PN. In remaining you can apply depending on your eligibility and in some cases your NOC. Best is to visit each provinces individual websites and read through their eligibility. In some provinces you need a job offer while in others like Sasketchwan you don't so read read...