+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

40yr old from Malaysia, selecting Universities for BSc Psychology----->PR

vads24

Feb 8, 2016
Hi,

I am currently reviewing which Province as well as universities to apply for credit transfer from Iowa University, Iowa. I have just commenced my 3rd year, "Spring Sem".
The plan is to complete 2 or more years in Canada and then apply for Post Secondary Work Permit followed by Permanent Residency application.

I am pretty green to this who Canada scenario, but vehemently staying positive as this is a make or break moment in my life. I would really appreciate if some of you could take some time out of your precious schedule and advise me on the universities I should apply for keeping in mind, the long term goal which is to get a job and apply for PR.

I am aware that even though the process for PR is largely in the hands of the Federal body, there are difference in conditions set by provinces when doing so.

Really looking forward for some significant advise.

Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's really no short-cut to doing this research on your own (unless you want to hire a consultant to do it for you). Each university sets its own policy regarding transfer credits. You'll need to contact the universities you are interested in attending in Canada individually to find out if they will accept your credits as transfer credits.

I would recommend that you aim for the higher ranked universities (e.g. University of Toronto, York University). To be approved for a study permit, you will need to convince CIC that you are a genuine student and explain why you are changing universities.

vads24

Feb 8, 2016
I forgot to mention that I am in the Malaysian campus of the US university. However the reason I am shifting to Canada is due to increased cost as I had originally planned to finish off my degree in the USA and pursue a Master's Graduate Degree.

My explanations would be that it gives me a better chance to have graduate degree and return home.