+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

406 CRS w/ 5+ Work Exp. + CLB 8 Is this normal?

arpeggio

Mar 25, 2019
Hey everyone,

I just submitted my profile and got a score of 406. I have 5+ years work experience in the US with NOC codes 1123 and 0124. I just got my IELTS score S: 9, R: 8, L:9, W:6.5. I believe this equates to CLB 8.

I have a master's degree but unfortunately the institution is not recognized by the WES so I am just getting points for my Bachelor's. I just wanted to understand if this is normal or if I did something wrong when entering my information. I don't have any relatives or any other bonus points. It sounds like I need a valid job offer for any chance of getting invitation but I thought I had a good chance with years of job experience good IELTS score. Please let me know what you think.

thank you!

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Try to hit CLB 9 and get your Master's evaluated from IQAS. This will significantly improve your score.

roysanchez

Sep 30, 2018
NOC Code......
Hey everyone,

I just submitted my profile and got a score of 406. I have 5+ years work experience in the US with NOC codes 1123 and 0124. I just got my IELTS score S: 9, R: 8, L:9, W:6.5. I believe this equates to CLB 8.

I have a master's degree but unfortunately the institution is not recognized by the WES so I am just getting points for my Bachelor's. I just wanted to understand if this is normal or if I did something wrong when entering my information. I don't have any relatives or any other bonus points. It sounds like I need a valid job offer for any chance of getting invitation but I thought I had a good chance with years of job experience good IELTS score. Please let me know what you think.

thank you!
A masters/second title plus a CLB 9 (writing at least 7) would give you 50 additional points.

See if you can get your masters recognized by another institution and try retaking the IELTS.

imusi

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Passport Req..
15-01-2020
Hey everyone,

thank you!
A good IELTS score is CLB 9 above on all 4 attributes.

CLB7-8 & 3+ yrs foreign experience = 25 additional points
CLB 9 & 3+ yrs foreign experience = 50 additional points

If your masters degree can be evaluate as a post-graduate diploma, then you can claim points for ‘two or more diplomas’. Plus, if you also get CLB 9, you’ll also get additional 50 points for CLB9 & two or more diplomas.

So my advice:
- Try to get at least CLB9 on LRWS all 4 attributes;
- Try to have your masters degree evaluated as (at least) a post-graduate diploma. (Maybe try some other listed ECA institutions)

arpeggio

Mar 25, 2019
Thank you so much for the replies. I emailed some ECA institutions if there is a chance for that school to be recognized. I will retake IELTS after I can evaluate my master's degree while looking for potential jobs.

thanks again,