+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

40 months and counting........ how long does it take???????

poonam_d

Jun 10, 2008
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2011 (didn't make it...this time)
Hi!

We applied for immigration under skilled worker about 40 months back.... could any one tell me generally how long does it ACTUALLY take to get the immigration. ??? we scored about 85 points... According to the cic.gc.ca ..it says about 70 months from new delhi!! but when we filed we were told by our lawyer it tales about 42 months.......
We are very confused!! could anyone tell us what is the actual thing??????.... if it takes longer ... we might as will start hunting for a job in canada to speed up things.... cause we cant wait any longer.....

Poonam

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
yeah it does take about 68 months from india.
ur best bet is to job hunt in canada.
i think its about 68months from what it said.
i also wish they can do something to speed up things rather than just making law or saying it.

poonam_d

Jun 10, 2008
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
:(

thanks!!!!! That's what i was afraid of!!!!....

Is it easy to get a job if u don't aren't staying there? how do prospective employers select u? any idea which kind of companies hire u ?

hardrock

Jun 11, 2008
we applied in June 2003 and recd our letter for updating in March 2008

After updating the forms/information, we are now waiting to hear about medical and will update readers as we hear

cheers,
hardrock

mhtjy

Apr 9, 2008
It can take 68 months and more, coming here (during the file processing) on work permit or any other non-immigrant category is not at all wise decision, because:

1) It is not easy to get visa.
2) Canadian work permit is a lengthy process and very difficult for most of the profession.
3) It is not guaranteed that your file will be processed in 68 months. It is going to be much longer then that.
4) Work permit or Student Permits lasts for 2 to 3 years, and then again you are at the same point, and by then if your file is not processed or processing time got increased then your life becomes hell hear in Canada.
5) Canadian employers are very conservative, they will exploit your skills or deny you a opportunity for not having Canadian Work Experience (Though you will be more qualified then them)

I am going through the immense pain of committing this mistake.

poonam_d

Jun 10, 2008
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
how about if a feamily member sponsers us? what is the procedure for that and how long does that take???

M S Chaudhry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2006
The time required for processing shown on the site will be taken as reference. We an applicant received AOR that letter no doubt shows less processing time. Like in my case it was mentioned 36 -42 months while I am waiting for the last 62 months. So there is no other way to speed up the process but we need to wait.

Good Luck

mhtjy

Apr 9, 2008
poonam_d said:
how about if a feamily member sponsers us? what is the procedure for that and how long does that take???
How about if a feamily member sponsers us? what is the procedure for that and how long does that take???

1) For that, you will have to withdraw your existing application and then reapply under the Family Sponsorship Category.
2) Alternatively, you can update your Skilled Worker file with information of Family Member in Canada information (if you have not done while applying). It will not effect the processing time or your points; it will have very little positive effect on your case.

Only thing you can do is waiting, as rightly said by M S Chowdhry.

3) You can start preparations in terms of your skill set.
4) Evaluate your skills at Foreign Credential Office.
5) Start Preparation for Certifications you need for your profession.
6) Try to take some courses (equivalent) in India for you can transfer your credits ones you are here in Canada, as it will be much cheaper in India.
7) Prepare your resume to appropriate (it will take 2 to 3 months, go to monster.ca and workopolis.ca)

Good luck, bye