+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4 years proceeding the date of the application?

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Hi guys
I am applying for citizenship on Jan 14th 2014 ... they are asking in the instruction to include the biographical pages of all passports for the 4 years proceeding the DATE of my application..

My passport was expired in December 21/ 2009...

do I need to include the biographical pages of it then??

Please help me .

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, It falls out of the four years... and adding it would only make CIC have more things to doubt. Especially if you became PR just three years ago, everything before your PR status (if you were not a temporary worker in Canada) is somehow useless.

Give them only the documents they ask for, if you feel that you need to clarifiy a relevant situation, then write a letter and add supporting documents, but don't do this unless you are sure that they are going to have concerns about the point you are clarifying.

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
i agree with u and thank u for that
the reason i am asking is my expired passport has tons of stamps that i got from trips when i was back home before i even come to canada, and translating if will be so expensive

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canmanottawa said:
i agree with u and thank u for that
the reason i am asking is my expired passport has tons of stamps that i got from trips when i was back home before i even come to canada, and translating if will be so expensive
I understand! If it falls out of the four years reference period, then no need to add it, I am not a lawyer and don't take my word for it, but logic has it that if they wanted information about your life prior to your arrival to Canada, they would have asked for it. :)