+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4 Months since submission and no response whatsoever? What do I do?

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
Hello all,

I am wondering if I could get some advice on what to do here as I am beyond frustrated after waiting almost 4 months for my visa.

• I submitted stage 2 documents for a working visa on January 19 from Australia (my country of residence and where I currently live)
  • I was requested to upload my Police Clearance on Feb 11 but could not due to MYCIC being broken and not having an upload button so I emailed question@cic.gc.ca about the issue and included my full details and police clearance
  • After asking for more information I was supposedly escalated to a 10 day wait for return emails, they respond on March 11 (the Upload expiry date..) to try again and that they have passed the issue to their tech team and it would be fixed shortly. It was not fixed and the deadline passed even though I sent them the police clearance via question@cic.gc.ca 3-4 times.
  • I emailed them mid March asking for an update as it have been two months since submission and I got no response
  • I have emailed them half a dozen times since then still with no response. I included all relevant information and even tried having URGENT in the subject line

All emails have been ignored. there have been no updates in MYCIC, there are no numbers for Australians to call, no postal address to send any kind of hardcopy paperwork. The Sydney consulate refuses to help as they have no visibility into the stage 2 process that was put into place this year for visa applications. I am highly educated with no police record, have plenty of money to support myself and supplied a resume with references that should allow me to get a decent job. I don't understand why my application has gone completely sideways into limbo?!

Do I just give up on this application and put in another one through the MYCIC portal? Can I fly over to Canada on a 3 month visitor visa, go to the visa office and meet with someone?

Any advice / assistance would be greatly appreciated!

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
I can understand the frustation, but this is how it is !

My medical reports were sent in Feb and now its been more than 3 months and i have not heard from visa office in London.

PATIENCE IS THE NAME OF THE GAME ................

I will suggest you to give it some more time as i have feeling that you will get a reply from them within next 10 to 12 days !

BEST OF LUCK

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rock_khan said:
I can understand the frustation, but this is how it is !

My medical reports were sent in Feb and now its been more than 3 months and i have not heard from visa office in London.
You can't compare your situation to Matty's situation. Matty is applying for an IEC visa - not PR.

Matty - I don't think I can offer much help. I'm not familiar enough with the new process. What I can tell you is that coming here and assuming you'll be able to meet with someone isn't realistic (the public isn't allowed to enter their offices and you literally won't get in the front door). So I would cross that option off the list. Good luck - hope something works out for you!

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
Thank you for the feedback, it is in fact most feedback I have recievied since I submitted my application to MYCIC which is what I find so disheartening, especially when two of my friends applied late last year under the old process an got accepted within a few weeks.

Surely they would respond with some sort of status update when I ask them if it's been sitting there for 4 months? I emailed multiple times and included all my details but it seems like it's just been ignored or the website has glitched and not notified anyone and left my application in limbo.

I have seen on the forums that other australians have called the help line via skype or by proxying their call through another phone in Canada so I guess that's an option although a rather extreme one.

Does anyone know if there are downfalls to submitting another application when the first one hasnt recieved a response? My conditional acceptance letter will expire in a couple months and I will soon be on to my 3rd Police clearance due to the delays.

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
Just an update in case other people find themselves in the same boat as me,
I gave up on the first application after four and a half months an resubmitted stage 2 on may 16.

I just got my LOI on may 27 which pretty much proves that my first Application must have glitched and got lost in the system. Still doesn't explain why my repeated requests about it where ignored though.

Either way, that saga is over thank god.