+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4 months since submission and no response?! What do I do?

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
Hello all,

I am wondering if I could get some advice on what to do here as I am beyond frustrated after waiting almost 4 months for my working visa.

• I submitted stage 2 documents for a working visa on January 19 from Australia (my country of residence and where I currently live)
  • I was requested to upload my Police Clearance on Feb 11 but could not due to MYCIC being broken and not having an upload button so I emailed question @ cic.gc.ca about the issue and included my full details and police clearance
  • After asking for more information I was supposedly escalated to a 10 day wait for return emails, they respond on March 11 (the Upload expiry date..) to try again and that they have passed the issue to their tech team and it would be fixed shortly. It was not fixed and the deadline passed even though I sent them the police clearance via question @ cic.gc.ca 3-4 times
  • I emailed them mid March asking for an update as it have been two months since submission and I got no response
  • I have emailed them half a dozen times since then still with no response. I included all relevant information and even tried having URGENT in the subject line

All emails have been ignored. there have been no updates in MYCIC, there are no numbers for Australians to call, no postal address to send any kind of hardcopy paperwork. The Sydney consulate refuses to help as they have no visibility into the stage 2 process that was put into place this year for visa applications. I am highly educated with no police record, have plenty of money to support myself and supplied a resume with references that should allow me to get a decent job. I don't understand why my application has gone completely sideways into limbo?!

Do I just give up on this application and put in another one through the MYCIC portal? Can I fly over to Canada on a 3 month visitor visa, go to the visa office and meet with someone?

Any advice / assistance would be greatly appreciated!

gcraig006

May 13, 2013
Hi Matty,

I know there are no numbers for Australians to call, have you thought about using a skype account or something simliar and try calling the Canadian Number? Might be worth a shot if you have exhausted all other possibilities.

gcraig006

May 13, 2013
Matt saw this on the CANAUSSIE forum, hope it can help you, website is canaussie dot com

"First off i'd like to say I dont need any help personally but would like to share my experiences trying to obtain my Visa.

Like everyone else I passed Stage 1, then submitted Stage 2. Then sat patiently waiting for a response. 1 month passes, then 2 months. Here is where the fun starts. Anxiously waking up each morning for an email but to no avail tearing my hair out waiting for a response.

So I decided to give them a call, grab some Skype credit (which strangely enough the minimum is $16) only to find the number on the website doesn't work outside canada. Put my google hat on and came up with an alternative

To call CIC from Skype use this number 613-944-4000 and select Canada from the country list. Follow the prompts and eventually you will get a real person. The call costs next to nothing so dont worry about being on hold. A 26min call cost me about 90c of my Skype credit which is AWESOME!

So anyways back to my problem. So it turns out that they are waiting for my Traffic Check but the MyCIC website hasn't notified me nor have a button to upload it GAH! The customer service rep got me to take a screen shot of my online account to show there is no request, then I received an email saying it has been sent to the required department that deals with technical issues. One week later still nothing so I call again and get fobbed off. Hang up and get another representative who seems more helpful. She suggests that I email them my Traffic History manually and thats where im at today. If only id know about the glitch earlier maybe this nightmare many have been over.

Moral of the story. If its taking too long CALL THEM!!! 613-944-4000 "

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for the advice, I think thats the only option I have left, I was going to lodge another application today but I will try and call them first and see if I get anywhere.
I have already been asked for, and sent a screenshot of the technical issue I had a few months ago and I sent my Police Clearance multiple times.

Either way I will try and call them and see whats going on. I will post back with the results.

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
The number doesnt work.

calling using skype from my iphone, using canadian number and as soon as it goes to transfer me to immigration it says the toll free number is not available from where im dialling from..