+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3D Artist Seeking Help For Artist Immigration Requirements

Shaz Mo

Jun 18, 2020
Hello
Thanks for reading this
I am an Iranian female living in turkey with working Visa.
I have 9 years of experience As 3d Environment Artist for computer/mobile games
I worked 6 years in Iran and 3 years in turkey There are some gaps between which I was working as freelancer. Total 4 different companies . And have 3 published games in my portfolio . Also won 3 Awards.one International and 2 nationals.
the problem is
I don't have any Financial Record to proof that I was working in the past 8 years. I recently got my working visa after 11 months of working in the company . Then I was able to get the insurance and open an account ( as an Iranian I can not open any bank account out side of my country except with working visa)
of course I have all the evidence in my portfolio-CV and In game.
Also
My Mother is a Canadian Citizen And it is been 12 years that she is Living in Canada.
The question is :
I don't know If I can apply through my mom as she is unemployed And old Also I want to be able to Work to support her Financially .
Now with all of the experiences that I mentioned above Am I Meet the requirements to apply for Artist Visa?
If yes What else Do I need to provide for documents ?
If no is there any other alternatives out there?
Thanks you so much in advance for helping me.
Hope you having a Great day :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello
Thanks for reading this
I am an Iranian female living in turkey with working Visa.
I have 9 years of experience As 3d Environment Artist for computer/mobile games
I worked 6 years in Iran and 3 years in turkey There are some gaps between which I was working as freelancer. Total 4 different companies . And have 3 published games in my portfolio . Also won 3 Awards.one International and 2 nationals.
the problem is
I don't have any Financial Record to proof that I was working in the past 8 years. I recently got my working visa after 11 months of working in the company . Then I was able to get the insurance and open an account ( as an Iranian I can not open any bank account out side of my country except with working visa)
of course I have all the evidence in my portfolio-CV and In game.
Also
My Mother is a Canadian Citizen And it is been 12 years that she is Living in Canada.
The question is :
I don't know If I can apply through my mom as she is unemployed And old Also I want to be able to Work to support her Financially .
Now with all of the experiences that I mentioned above Am I Meet the requirements to apply for Artist Visa?
If yes What else Do I need to provide for documents ?
If no is there any other alternatives out there?
Thanks you so much in advance for helping me.
Hope you having a Great day :)
Unfortunately you are too old to be sponsored by your mother for Canadian PR.

If you want to move here permanently and be able to work and support your mother, then you will need to apply to immigrate through an economic immigration program like Express Entry. You can find more information here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

The Artist Visa isn't an option for you. This is a very short term visa (e.g. two weeks) that allows for someone to come as part of a musical group or something similar for a very short work period in Canada. You are looking to come here long term. Your options are to either apply to immigrate through a program like Express Entry. Or to secure a job offer and approved LMIA from an employer in Canada so that you can apply for a temporary work permit.

Reactions: Shaz Mo

Shaz Mo

Jun 18, 2020
Alternatively, you could try to get a job offer in your field for programs such as the BCPNP Tech Pilot. They even promise concierge service and priority processing.
tbh I haven't read anything about the policy of getting a foreign worker from abroad in Canada. but in Europe it is very hard to get a job as a foreigner , you have to be high skilled worker and also if they advertised for 3 months and they couldn't find anyone then they are allowed to get it from abroad as priority is with locals. I will definitely read more on the topic. thanks a lot

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
tbh I haven't read anything about the policy of getting a foreign worker from abroad in Canada. but in Europe it is very hard to get a job as a foreigner , you have to be high skilled worker and also if they advertised for 3 months and they couldn't find anyone then they are allowed to get it from abroad as priority is with locals. I will definitely read more on the topic. thanks a lot
It is similarly as hard but there is a shortage of IT workers so you may get a WP. How did your mother get PR?

Shaz Mo

Jun 18, 2020
It is similarly as hard but there is a shortage of IT workers so you may get a WP. How did your mother get PR?
o she was a political refugee and she went long time ago. tbh there's no way I want to go through the same path as in turkey I am already working as a high skilled worker. also there is this policy between game companies that if you get in one of these big international companies then you can apply for any other one every where else. like if you work in EA Sports in turkey for example then you can apply for Ubisoft in Montreal ( which I am not. it is the biggest game company in turkey tho and we hope one of these big companies eventually buy it). Plan A was to apply through skilled worker for Canada but if it doesn't work then I guess I have to go through the plan B which is applying for all of these companies every where around the world, but isn't it funny that if I was a nail Artist I could already and easily apply and get my immigration rather than a Digital artist ? there is literally no listing for digital artists!