+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

37 years age and student visa

Tv82

Aug 28, 2021
I am 37 year old Finance profesional,( CFA, FMR) .What are chances of me getting into TOP colleges in Canada.Can age lead to my Visa rejection as I am from India

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you doing a MBA at a top university or a post graduate diploma/certificate at a college? Does the program advance your career in your home country? Can you justify spending thousands of dollars with a new job, higher salary etc?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am 37 year old Finance profesional,( CFA, FMR) .What are chances of me getting into TOP colleges in Canada.Can age lead to my Visa rejection as I am from India
You have a CFA. Very few college degrees will lead to career advancement Except maybe anMBA from a decent school. What is your job history?

heidihng

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-06-2021
Maybe a master finance research program? Like quantitative finance? If you can apply for Sauder or Rotman commerce, I think it would be ok.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Yep, as others have told it has to be an MBA from a very good university. You already hold advanced qualifications, there will be demand for justification.

Tv82

Aug 28, 2021
Are you doing a MBA at a top university or a post graduate diploma/certificate at a college? Does the program advance your career in your home country? Can you justify spending thousands of dollars with a new job, higher salary etc?
I'm planning to apply MS finance or MBA this year . Yes any degree or Diploma will boost my career in home country
Are these questions will be asked by Visa officer ?(Can you justify spending thousands of dollars with a new job, higher salary etc?)

Tv82

Aug 28, 2021
Yep, as others have told it has to be an MBA from a very good university. You already hold advanced qualifications, there will be demand for justification.
can you please elaborate what shall be ideal justification for the same , Much help :)

Tv82

Aug 28, 2021
Maybe a master finance research program? Like quantitative finance? If you can apply for Sauder or Rotman commerce, I think it would be ok.
yes i am applying for MS from Sauder , what are the chances of selection for someone at 37 (age)

Tv82

Aug 28, 2021
You have a CFA. Very few college degrees will lead to career advancement Except maybe anMBA from a decent school. What is your job history?
I am CFA and FRM ,at 37 years of age with 8 years of experience in equity research and credit research. Can you please guide whats your take on this

heidihng

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-06-2021
yes i am applying for MS from Sauder , what are the chances of selection for someone at 37 (age)
Age would not be a problem I think since some MBA or Master of Finance programs require 2 years or more of work experience. But your resume should be quite impressive if you want to get in, like work experience in related field firms, high GPA, your experience of capital managing (maybe proof that you were investing and managing your portfolio and you earned xx% more than the original investment. Nothing too professional but just to showcase you interest and passion for finance) etc. anything that can showcase your commerce skills, no matter academic wise or practices wise. But then I think you also need to find a balance that you have an impressive background to get into masters but then you gotta prove to the visa officers why even though you are experienced in commerce but still wanna get a master in Canada

Last edited:

As12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Age 39, applied 2nd master in Physics from Turkey with my sowp in june 18th. Still waiting for the decision.

Reactions: Aesopzai