+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

36 yrs, mba canada west, visa prospects and july intake

Cmu

Mar 2, 2021
Currently I am working as Group head of finance
Previously director finance
Previously deputy General manager projects mentoring and controle
Previously group financial controller
And I attached the experience certificates for last 5 years employment .
If visa officer ask me for the previous employment period I will arrange and send to him

praveencv1979

Star Member
Jun 17, 2011
Amman, Jordan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
10-08-2020
Just to add to this

14 years exp , applied for MBA in private university and got PPR
Really motivating bro. I am in the same situation. 41yrs age, 13yrs & 4months continuous IT Experience and continuing.
Got 2 refusals, I think, I can't convey the study progression properly in my SOP. 1st course was PG Dip in Network Security and 2nd & 3rd Graduate Certificate in Project Management (IT Elective).
It would be highly appreciable if you could share your SOP to praveencv1979@gmail.com.
Cheers

Last edited:

praveencv1979

Star Member
Jun 17, 2011
Amman, Jordan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
10-08-2020
Got 3rd refusal.... just now April 12th :oops:.
Only one reason, normal copy-paste template:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

My agent is telling that, first of all my profile is a risky one and additionally my old PR application is the primary reason. Since they given only one refusal reason, there are less chances of success.
I had applied for PR in 2013 (Paper based application, before Express Entry starts) and returned because of a missing document

Following is my profile:
Edu. Qualification: BSc Computer Science, 2002, (3yrs); 58%
Work Experience: 13yrs 4months; IT Support Engineer (Continuing)

Refusal History:
1st Refusal=
PG Dip in Network Security; Red River College; Manitoba (Applied from my working country, Jordan)
Reason:
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection
216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit."

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection
216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence."

2nd Refusal
= Graduate Certificate Project Management; Alogoma Uni; Saulte Ste. Marie;ON (IT Elective) [Applied from India]
Reason:
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit."

"Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment and/or your future prospects and plans."

3rd Refusal
= Graduate Certificate Project Management; Alogoma Uni; Saulte Ste. Marie;ON (IT Elective) [Applied from India]
Reason:
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit."

Highly appreciate your suggestions on my case. Don't know whether I am wasting my time behind this process? Please advice.

Cheers

3qbal

Feb 23, 2021
Order Gcms notes so that you will know exact prob in your profile.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

My agent is telling that, first of all my profile is a risky one and additionally my old PR application is the primary reason. Since they given only one refusal reason, there are less chances of success.
I had applied for PR in 2013 (Paper based application, before Express Entry starts) and returned because of a missing document

Following is my profile:

Refusal History:
1st Refusal=
PG Dip in Network Security; Red River College; Manitoba (Applied from my working country, Jordan)
Reason:

216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence."

2nd Refusal
Reason:

"Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment and/or your future prospects and plans."

3rd Refusal
Reason:

Highly appreciate your suggestions on my case. Don't know whether I am wasting my time behind this process? Please advice.

Cheers

Reactions: praveencv1979

inognito

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014

Following is my profile:

Refusal History:
1st Refusal=
Reason:

2nd Refusal
Reason:

3rd Refusal
Reason:

Cheers

I suggest go for MBA that too in University, stating how MBA will help you attain to get management skills and good post for you in Canada and later in India.

Your SOP should be strong . Your SOP should state how you are IT support engineer also, how you handle 8-10 people support team.

Apply from India. and that too SDS.
Dont go for graduate certificate . This is for freshers/ very less exp guys...

Let me know if I can help anymore.

Amit25July

Feb 8, 2021
I suggest go for MBA that too in University, stating how MBA will help you attain to get management skills and good post for you in Canada and later in India.

Your SOP should be strong . Your SOP should state how you are IT support engineer also, how you handle 8-10 people support team.

To add to it, your combination of course and college is not right, as per my thinking. My profile is almost like yours - 17 yrs IT. But i chose a post degree diploma in a univ. Considering my exp, I cant remain away from job for more than a year and hence i chose PDD. Otherwise I would have gone for Masters. So my advise would be to choose a univ and a course which shows a career progression.

HIH

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019

Following is my profile:

Refusal History:
1st Refusal=
Reason:

2nd Refusal
Reason:

3rd Refusal
Reason:

Cheers
Your problem clearly seems to be the course you have chosen. There is no relation to your PR application, lot of people who get accepted have active profiles. Think about it, how is a graduate certificate program which is aimed at entry level jobs going to help you ? I know VO makes very subjective decisions which sometimes don't make sense. But some key criteria's like this is screaming red flag !

You should aim for MBA and above at your level.

praveencv1979

Star Member
Jun 17, 2011
Amman, Jordan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
10-08-2020

Thanks a lot bro @inognito, your profile looks somewhat similar to mine. Really motivated with your visa success story. Could you please share your SOP by hiding your personal details? which would be much helpful for me... praveencv1979@gmail.com .... cheers

praveencv1979

Star Member
Jun 17, 2011
Amman, Jordan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
10-08-2020
To add to it, your combination of course and college is not right, as per my thinking. My profile is almost like yours - 17 yrs IT. But i chose a post degree diploma in a univ. Considering my exp, I cant remain away from job for more than a year and hence i chose PDD. Otherwise I would have gone for Masters. So my advise would be to choose a univ and a course which shows a career progression.

HIH
Thanks @Amit25July for your support and really appreciate your time. Could you please share your PDD program and DLI? Since both of our experience comes from IT, it would be highly appreciated if you could share your SOP (hiding your personal details to praveencv1979@gmail.com .... cheers bro

praveencv1979

Star Member
Jun 17, 2011
Amman, Jordan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
10-08-2020
Your problem clearly seems to be the course you have chosen. There is no relation to your PR application, lot of people who get accepted have active profiles. Think about it, how is a graduate certificate program which is aimed at entry level jobs going to help you ? I know VO makes very subjective decisions which sometimes don't make sense. But some key criteria's like this is screaming red flag !

You should aim for MBA and above at your level.
Thanks @Shaild bro for your valuable advice. Will definitely look for a higher level program to show my study progression.... thanks again for quoting the PR profile is not an issue for Study Permit.
You people are doing a great work by supporting us.... appreciated

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Thanks @Shaild bro for your valuable advice. Will definitely look for a higher level program to show my study progression.... thanks again for quoting the PR profile is not an issue for Study Permit.
You people are doing a great work by supporting us.... appreciated
No worries. just an additional note, don't trust everything your agent says. Understand, they do this for profit so they are not always thinking about the best interest of the candidate. Ensure you check every single document in your profile yourself to ensure accuracy.

trupti kongi

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Really motivating bro. I am in the same situation. 41yrs age, 13yrs & 4months continuous IT Experience and continuing.
Got 2 refusals, I think, I can't convey the study progression properly in my SOP. 1st course was PG Dip in Network Security and 2nd & 3rd Graduate Certificate in Project Management (IT Elective).
It would be highly appreciable if you could share your SOP to praveencv1979@gmail.com.
Cheers
Just a suggestion, please apply for Masters. I have 11 years experience, though I got a PG Diploma admission in University of Winnipeg, I had to apply for Masters

trupti kongi

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016

Following is my profile:

Refusal History:
1st Refusal=
Reason:

2nd Refusal
Reason:

3rd Refusal
Reason:

Cheers
1. Did you ever over stay in Jordan in the past, or in any other country
2. Were you able to explain your career progress well in your SOP
3. Suggestion - please try applying for relevant masters like MSc in computer science (as you have 10+ years of experience) college diplomas will not help you show the career progress
4. Did you apply with any other family members?
5. Do not believe agent & please prepare your application & SOP yourself, most positively you will get the Visa, coz I know people who have got their visa approved after 5 refusals for the same reason as yours
6. Order GCMS notes - understand the refusal reasons in detail & do not hurry to re-apply - take your time to prepare a very strong SOP

Last edited:

praveencv1979

Star Member
Jun 17, 2011
Amman, Jordan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
10-08-2020
1. Did you ever over stay in Jordan in the past, or in any other country
2. Were you able to explain your career progress well in your SOP
3. Suggestion - please try applying for relevant masters like MSc in computer science (as you have 10+ years of experience) college diplomas will not help you show the career progress
5. Do not believe agent & please prepare your application & SOP yourself, most positively you will get the Visa, coz I know people who have got their visa approved after 5 refusals for the same reason as yours
6. Order GCMS notes - understand the refusal reasons in detail & do not hurry to re-apply - take your time to prepare a very strong SOP
Thanks for your suggestion. Following are the answers for your quires:
1. Did you ever over stay in Jordan in the past, or in any other country?
I am still working in Jordan under work visa renewed every year and still working. Used to visit India once in every year for 1-2 months. Didn't remember I ever overstayed after my ID expiry.
2. Were you able to explain your career progress well in your SOP?
I am afraid that I succeeded in my SOP. I read a lot that SOP is the game changer.
Since my bachelors is 3yrs, most of the Universities won't accept my profile, they need 4yrs bachelors with good GPA. MBA is the only option is some Unis, rest of them requires GMAT or GRE scores. I am planning for MBA, after my GCMS report arrived.
I had applied alone for all the 3 times.
Yes you are true, agents will not admit their mistakes, they want to blame on us. Will make my SOP myself and thanks a lot for your time and motivation, which is a great support for me now.
I applied GCMS for the last two refusals. One on 8th March and another on 15th April. Yes, you are right, i'll apply only after getting both the GCMS report.

Thanks again
Cheers