+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

35 months......may be the maximum waiting period for RQ receivers ????

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
FYI

An extract of posts from another forum.(immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19&PID=200395&title=rq-discussions#200395)

Originally posted by mason

last time I spoke with CIC agent (approx. 10 days ago)I was told the RQ process will take not more than 35 months from the time they receive the application. I just found out that one of friends who received RQ at the test has been waiting for more than 38 months (from the time they received his application)and has yet to receive any news.
I am quite sure the time frame that they quote is not accurate.
It is very sad since this sorts of " customer treatment " is not expected in a developed and free country like Canada.
As for application fee increase I honestly don't think it will have any affect on RQ processing time.

Originally posted by sarin_j
My application was submitted in Feb 2010 and I wrote my test in Mar 2011. Got the RQ right after the test (two weeks after test) and submitted all the documents by Oct 2011. Nothing after that. Last week I called CIC and they confirmed that my waiting period is well past their 35 months limit (from the day of application submitted) and they asked me to contact them again if I dont hear from them in the next 3 months. So I believe they do have a process in place to handle the cases that go beyond the 35 month waiting period. I would recommend your friend to call CIC and check.

man580

Apr 13, 2013
Re: 35 months......may be the maximum waiting period for RQ receivers

mine took for whole process 44 months to see the Citizenship Judge