+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

$30,000 worth of Nigerian Government scholarship, enough to proof fund?

jerrywool

May 12, 2013
Please I need your advice.
I am qualified for a Nigerian Government Scholarship (NDDC) worth $30,000. I am expecting my offer letter from University of Alberta this month (for a 1 year taught masters degree program).
Do you think the scholarship offer will be a sufficient proof of available fund as my estimate of cost is a little above $30,000.

total tuition fees: $16,830
living expense : $10,000
I have a family friend who lives near the university, in Edmonton.

tiger007

Champion Member
jerrywool said:
I am qualified for a Nigerian Government Scholarship (NDDC) worth $30,000. I am expecting my offer letter from University of Alberta this month (for a 1 year taught masters degree program).
Do you think the scholarship offer will be a sufficient proof of available fund as my estimate of cost is a little above $30,000.

total tuition fees: $16,830
living expense : $10,000
I have a family friend who lives near the university, in Edmonton.

Hi,

As long as the scholarship covers first year of tuition fees + CAD 10,000 (for living expenses), you can attach that Nigerian Government Scholarship (NDDC) funding letter. You do not need to apply for loan or show anything else. However, it will be better if you can also attach some bank statement, IT returns, just to make your overall financial position stronger... but not compulsory.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

jerrywool

May 12, 2013
again, thank you Tiger!

one more question, the processing time for student visa here in Nigeria is 4 to 6 months. Can I still apply in mid june for a september 2013 start date?

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Jerrywool,

please how did you go about the scholarship process. I am interested and would appreciate it you can send me details of the process.

You can PM me if you dont want it publicly displayed.

Many thanks and expecting.

Cheers.

jerrywool

May 12, 2013
timmituyi said:
Hello Jerrywool,

please how did you go about the scholarship process. I am interested and would appreciate it you can send me details of the process.

You can PM me if you dont want it publicly displayed.

Many thanks and expecting.

Cheers.

Its the 2013/2014 NDDC overseas Postragraduate scholarship scheme.
unfortunately, You cant apply now as the deadline is far past. infact the final decision is what we are awaiting.
However you can find more info about the scholarship by using google.